Discuss Vokera Linera 24, It's driving me mad, please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cltheob135

With the central heating turned off completely at the boiler, when I turn the domestic hot water on the rads heat up.
I have changed the Motorized Valve, three way valve overhaul kit,cleaned the three way valve cover and insured the pin is moving freely.
I've checked the motorized valve and it's operation seems fine.
Can anybody think of anything else it could be.

It's got to be getting thro' the 3 way valve. Check the cage you've fitted, [I've fit 1 then found the cage misshaped,] also are the washers fitted in the correct position. After try pushing the valve spindle with blunt s/driver then turn water on, see if flow gets hot, if it doesn't then check the motor head, try pushing in actuator with a screwdriver when dhw on, shouldn't move. Feel it'll be the Cage/service kit .

your plate heat is blocked its dumping down

It's got to be getting thro' the 3 way valve. Check the cage you've fitted, [I've fit 1 then found the cage misshaped,] also are the washers fitted in the correct position. After try pushing the valve spindle with blunt s/driver then turn water on, see if flow gets hot, if it doesn't then check the motor head, try pushing in actuator with a screwdriver when dhw on, shouldn't move. Feel it'll be the Cage/service kit .

good advice but...if its a blocked plate heat the diverter will dump down the flow

Last edited by a moderator:
Always found when blocked plate heat exch, on Linea it shuts down burner & if you switch water of at that moment the boiler temp reads 92 C
Haven't had 1 dumping down flow.
If so hows it do it?

I'm going to give this a try, stand-by

Right, took the motorised valve off, pushed the shaft in fully, turned on the dhw and the rad still got hot. DAM whats the telling me???

Last edited by a moderator:
Always found when blocked plate heat exch, on Linea it shuts down burner & if you switch water of at that moment the boiler temp reads 92 C
Haven't had 1 dumping down flow.
If so hows it do it?

all diverter valves regardless of boiler or valve make are designed as a fail safe to dump down result crap dhw and hot rads,a common fault on all makes of boiler,my own experience(and i am not being clever)is ignore fault codes and go with your knowledge,regardless of how complex a combi they all work and ultimately fail in the same way

I'm going to give this a try, stand-by

Right, took the motorised valve off, pushed the shaft in fully, turned on the dhw and the rad still got hot. DAM whats the telling me???

If you pushed the valve in, on the 3 way valve body, [not motor], & heating getting hot. Take the front section of valve off & check the washers & cage on the push rod [ Order a new 3 way valve service & change if not already done] This must be assemblied correctly, if in doubt check MI or on web at vokera [ there is a exploded diagram]
Think it's worth checking & even replacing the service kit the 1st as it's alot cheaper than changing the plate heat exch & flushing the system

all diverter valves regardless of boiler or valve make are designed as a fail safe to dump down result crap dhw and hot rads,a common fault on all makes of boiler,my own experience(and i am not being clever)is ignore fault codes and go with your knowledge,regardless of how complex a combi they all work and ultimately fail in the same way

I haven't heard of this before, I appreciate what you're saying , just asking question,as I believe we all live & learn all the time doing this job.
Cheers Aggis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Linera 24, It's driving me mad, please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning all, I'm a homeowner trying to find out why the heating is not working. I've fitted tado Extension kit to Vokera Linea 28 boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a vokera compact he35 combi and would like to check a few things: 1. Is the DHW thermostat “dry” or does the boiler need to be...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
G
i hope someone can help me out here? problem: DHW - when hot tap is opened, it warms up then starts to cool off. the combi boiler burner keeps...
Replies
Views
gavcav
G
D
Hi All, Have not been here for advice for a long time. Since that time completed my gas course all the exams and would be grateful for any advice...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
N
Hi all, Discovered a problem with our central heating not working yesterday, I am a plumbing newbie though so please treat me gently! We have a...
Replies
Views
nerd2
N

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock