Search the forum,

Discuss wall hung toilet pan poor flushing question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids.
The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal.
I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was Geberit.
The previous conventional installation worked fine
I concluded that the throat was too narrow compared to the original pan and this restricted the flow, it may have been designed like this to reduce the ground clearance
Is this a common problem with these wall hanging pans?
The reason I ask is that I have recently moved house and I am considering fitting another one, if I can be advised on one
which will work as intended.

No its not common, most flush very well. I've fitted hundreds and only ever had issues with Crosswater rimless ones. So just avoid them and you're fine.

If you have a choice of frame try and go for Geberit sigma as Geberit are the market leader and their sigma frame has the best choice of flush plates depending on your bathroom style.

The Crosswater rimless pans I fitted sprayed water everywhere when flushing. Crosswater came out and changed 2 out of 3 of the faulty pans but said one of them was within tolerance. Yes, that's right, they said its acceptable to flush the toilet and water spray on the floor as long as its only a little bit. Since then I talk as many people out of rimless wall hung toilets as possible or at least warn them of the risk.

Last edited:
No its not common, most flush very well. I've fitted hundreds and only ever had issues with Crosswater rimless ones. So just avoid them and you're fine.

If you have a choice of frame try and go for Geberit sigma as Geberit are the market leader and their sigma frame has the best choice of flush plates depending on your bathroom style.

The Crosswater rimless pans I fitted sprayed water everywhere when flushing. Crosswater came out and changed 2 out of 3 of the faulty pans but said one of them was within tolerance. Yes, that's right, they said its acceptable to flush the toilet and water spray on the floor as long as its only a little bit. Since then I talk as many people out of rimless wall hung toilets as possible or at least warn them of the risk.
Thanks I will avoid Crosswater
I think their attitude is unacceptable as that system poses a health threat

The latest Geberit flush valves have an adjustment to help with this problem.
Some pans come with a flow restrictor to be fitted at the flush pipe connection you can break out various sections to adjust them - this has to be by trial and error which is quite frankly very unsatisfactory, but works well in the end.

Reply to wall hung toilet pan poor flushing question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock