Discuss Wall insulation or plumbing first? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Obiwan137

Hi, I wonder if you can help us. We have an enclosed outhouse comprising of two small rooms which we want to renovate into a utility. One of the rooms was an enclosed outside toilet and after a particularly bad winter and an open window the already poor plumbing was destroyed. We want to renovate these rooms, insulate them and have a toilet re-plumbed back in, with an outside tap and plumbing to the second room for a washing machine (this was originally done so a hole has been drilled between the rooms and to the outside). We want to use plaster board insulation but should we install this into a blank room or wait until the plumbing and toilet have been installed? Also if you any tips of the best type of cost effective insulation this would be great, many thanks :cheesy:

+1 insulate first. what size are the rooms as this will have a bearing on the insulation used.

Thank you for your replies they are small, 1960's outside toilet sized, enough room for a toilet with little space either side and about 3" infront. Maybe 3" wide by 6"?

How are you thinking of insulating then ?
How is it constructed ?
Guessing single skin brickwork ?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you insulate it properly you won't end up with much usable space.

Yeah it's single skin brickwork, we were going to get the insulation boards from b &
Q suitable for that brickwork, the rooms will be small, like big cupboards really! But thats fine

Thank you for your reply, yes that looks good. Would we then put platerboard over the top? Is it cheaper to buy it with the plaster board already included or does this not exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wall insulation or plumbing first? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock