Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Warmflo Kabin Pak 90 - PLEASE HELP!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

louis2624

Hi all
I have inherited with the house a Warmflo Kabin Pak 90 boiler. I have never had oil heating before and cant believe how expensive it is to run. There are 9 rads in house and I dont have heating on alot. I have gone through 500 litres of oil in six weeks. There is s little counter on pipe going into.boiler this has clocked up 15 units since 4 o clock yesterday. Would this be litres? Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Veronica

Turn rads off that you don't use.

Get it serviced. This will make sure your working at the optimum

A dirty hex with a dirty nozzle and wrong pressure can waste alot of oil

Post your location and someone on here may be local to you

Presumably you have a lovely, warm house?

If you do, then the best thing is to turn the heating down a few notches.

As a guideline, fill up before Christmas, fill up in late February, then you're done till the following Christmas. The thing with oil is you notice the high price in the winter but don't pay during the summer for all your hot water (if you see what I mean!)

If it makes you feel better, I know of one family who went through around 10,000 litres a year (at 65p? a litre). It was down to t-shirt and shorts in January in that house!

As SimonJohns said, - get the boiler serviced & set properly, - an oil boiler can use a lot of oil if it is not fine tuned.
Same as gas boilers, try not to do many cold starts by avoiding using it in the milder mornings & not turning it off & on several times a day, as it is the first hour boiler burns longest. Make sure you have full thermostatic controls, & very importantly, house insulated fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflo Kabin Pak 90 - PLEASE HELP!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock