Discuss Washing Machine Solenoid/Filling Loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi To All,
I know this may sound ridiculous and please forgive me if it is!! All the pipe work to my combi boiler has been hidden behind panelling - including the filling loop!!! I could move the loop and make it more accessible but I was wondering if I used a water inlet valve from a washing machine or similar device could I fit this in addition to the filling loop tap and so have a push switch to allow filling the system????

Illegal, I believe! The filling loop must be capable of being disconnected from the boiler, and in fact should normally remain disconnected and only be connected temporarily when needed. That's why it's a flexible hose and not rigidly plumbed in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, experts!

Illegal, I believe! The filling loop must be capable of being disconnected from the boiler, and in fact should normally remain disconnected and only be connected temporarily when needed. That's why it's a flexible hose and not rigidly plumbed in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, experts!
Thanks Big Al I suspected as much but having said that the filling loop is permanently connected and does not have a flexi pipe!!! The one good thing there is actually a tap!!! - Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing Machine Solenoid/Filling Loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back