Discuss Washing machine vibrations in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys.

What's the best way to absorb washing machine vibrations?
It's currently on a suspended floor and sounds like a rocket take off.

I've got lots of polystyrene I could put underneath to absorb vibrations or any other material you could recommend.

Many thanks

I have not tried these so please make your own mid up on whether or not you think these might help. I've had a search and whilst some people have tried rubber/neoprene and similar mats, they don't seem very effective. This stuff came up on my search though!

It looks like it might be quite effective. A washing machine is a very heavy and powerful piece of equipment that is hard to quieten down but pads like that under the feet or taking place of the feet might make a difference.

Washing machine fixing kits are also available but they are more to stop them wandering off on spin cycle and I don't think they will reduce much noise/vibration to the floor.

Hey guys.

What's the best way to absorb washing machine vibrations?
It's currently on a suspended floor and sounds like a rocket take off.

I've got lots of polystyrene I could put underneath to absorb vibrations or any other material you could recommend.

Many thanks

First, remove the shipping bolts at the rear (shipping bars in the older machines) before plugging in.!!.

And level it up properly, usually the adjustable feet will do it, check mi's.
To slide it in and out on a hard surface, tile, lino etc, use a dab of fairy on the floor for lube

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I have not tried these so please make your own mid up on whether or not you think these might help. I've had a search and whilst some people have tried rubber/neoprene and similar mats, they don't seem very effective. This stuff came up on my search though!

It looks like it might be quite effective. A washing machine is a very heavy and powerful piece of equipment that is hard to quieten down but pads like that under the feet or taking place of the feet might make a difference.

Washing machine fixing kits are also available but they are more to stop them wandering off on spin cycle and I don't think they will reduce much noise/vibration to the floor.

Looks good, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for this. Especially when there are so many similar products on the market that don't work and they all seem to blast each other.
Was hoping to repurpose stuff I've got lieing around, polystyrene, pu foam, old towels etc.
Don't mind adding height to the washer. Saves me bending over.

First, remove the shipping bolts at the rear (shipping bars in the older machines) before plugging in.!!.
And level it up properly, usually the adjustable feet will do it, check mi's.
To slide it in and out on a hard surface, tile, lino etc, use a dab of fairy on the floor for lube

Great advice. Thanks guys. I did all that first but it still sounds like a nuclear explosion.

Or it's faulty, they have systems in them to get the load evenly spread before they spin, I say check level again
[automerge]1583659687[/automerge]
Have the floor up and fill the cavity, search "drum effect"

Or it's faulty, they have systems in them to get the load evenly spread before they spin, I say check level again
[automerge]1583659687[/automerge]
Have the floor up and fill the cavity, search "drum effect"

Aah
Ripping the floor up is a no go. its already been finished.
I'll check the level again but I fear my only option will be to dampen to vibrations with something absorptive.

Reply to Washing machine vibrations in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hey, just looking for a little feedback on the mock up I drew. I’m adding a washing machine and a double vanity to a 2” pipe I’ll have mounted...
Replies
Views
Marc m
M
Hi all, I’m having a problem with my washing machine and any help would greatly be appreciated! I moved into my new build ground floor flat just...
Replies
Views
My clothes washing machine drain pipe overflowed water when the machine was emptying, so I augered the pipe over 15 feet and I even had a plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Had to replace our integrated washing over the weekend, almost a straight swap except for hinge position on cupboard door (nightmare!)...
Replies
Views
I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock