Search the forum,

Discuss Water Hammer on 2 Port Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FatBob

Hi

Can someone help please.

I get a massive bang when a two port valve closes.

I have secured the pipes.

It is an S plan and I believe it is the valve that goes to the hot water cylinder. If I turn the Thermostat up on the cylinder and get hot water from the boiler to flow and then turn the stat down I then get the bang at the valve. I tried turning the pump speed down from 3 to 2 with no affect. I contacted honeywell and they said it was differential pressure. I then started looking at the Auto Bypass valve. This looks as if it has been installed correctly between the flow and return set between .2 and .3 mb. The valves have been installed under the floor boards in an inaccessible place. The system has a close vented cylinder in the garage but has an open vented cylinder up stairs. A two port valve goes to the cyclinder in the garage then the 2 ports valves for the ho****er are upstairs and one for the heating.

I found on the internet someone said take the short spring out of the zone valve so it is slower at closing. On this web site someone has suggested that I use a Myson 2 port valve which is not so prone to hammer. The other option is to use a water hammer arrestor. I have had this problem since moving into the property. Is there anything that I can do with the Auto Bypass valve. Thanks for any help. FatBob

Welcome.
It will be fitted the wrong direction. If you drain down, undo the compression nuts and turn it the other way around.
That should cure it.

Got the same thing happen on both my Honeywell two ports at home. First the hot water one a year ago then the other week. Auto bypass set up up correctly.

Got the same thing happen on both my Honeywell two ports at home. First the hot water one a year ago then the other week. Auto bypass set up up correctly.

I must be honest I really don't know how to set up the Auto Bypass valve properly, obviously I know how to turn it but do not know the best setting to put it on.

I have Grundfos UPS 15-50 130 in front of the valve.

I am confident that my two motorised valves are in the correct direct as they point in the same direction H/W and C/H. The arrows both point in the same direction.

FatBob

I've Just had a customer with a three port Honeywell banging on changeover in either direction.
Never seen it before on a three port.
not looked into it yet. Anyone else seen that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Hammer on 2 Port Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock