Discuss Water pressure advise please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rothko

Hi - looking for a little advise on water pressure, I'm plumbing in a coffee machine that requires a minimum of 2.5bar (preferably 3!) into the tank, I live in a 3rd floor apartment and am taking the cold feed off the kitchen tap supply so aware of both height issues and the fact its running off existing appliances.

I've not bought the machine yet as it is rather expensive and all depends on this! So connected up to a Honeywell PRV with gauge I'm reading 4bar full closed into a sealed 15mm pipe just after the gauge and running into a bucket with no back pressure at all showing 0.5bar

The machines internal boiler back pressure is 1.5bar hence a minimum of 2-2.5bar is required to fill it!

The reason for my asking is as I know know how much pressure I have 'full open' and 'fully closed' would this in the experts opinion be enough for my requirements?

Sorry if this is a stupid basic question just have to be sure that my water pressure is adequate before I purchase!!!

Many thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
how big is this coffee machine lol you got a link to the one your looking at buying?

Hi Shaun - it's a Londinium L1-P and yep it's quite a 'large' machine!

[DLMURL]https://londiniumespresso.com/store/londinium-espresso-machines/londinium-i-p[/DLMURL]

So does 4bar on a 'fully closed' pipe sound ok? Kinda guessing it is just wanted to be sure as I realise there is a pressure difference better 'fully closed' and into the machine! As said on 'fully open into a bucket I'm seeing 0.5bar

It would be a very expensive mistake if my inlet pressure was too low...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's where I'm at piped in from cold tap water supply into the cupboard directly below where the machine will hopefully sit!

If the pressure is all good for the machine all thats required next is an inline filter then straight from that to machine.

f6d3e3d77f_md.jpg

the best way as i cant find the instructions is either to post on there forums or email them direct but tbh i think that pressure would be fine, but its always good to double check

Many thanks Shaun! I have emailed them for confirmation sure it's all ok though but as you say better to check first!

Cheers

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure advise please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
P
Hi All, I have replaced my existing Shaw and Mason chrome set with the Shaw and Mason forward bowl spindles/ Handles. I have kept the same tap or...
Replies
Views
PRJSyd
P
Hi All, I replaced my existing washbasin bowl set with new Shaw and Mason forward bowl set spindles and chrome handles. The water pressure has...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back