Discuss Water Regs Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumline

Has anyone any tips on whats involved in the water regs course.
Can't figure out if it's worth doing now to get it done or leaving till i've got some experiance, possibly booking in in the next month or so.
I believe that there's about 3weeks of reading for a one day course.

leave it a while to you have been on the tools abit then you'll understand the questios abit easyer as your working and picking it up.
it can be a brain teaser.

Thanks for the feed back much appreciated :)
Just as a general query though does anyone know prices for the course ?
I'll probably ring about before hand but been quoted £190, is this about right in others opinions :confused:

Hey plumline,
I've looked at several websites and spoke to several places in Essex and London for water Regs and the unvented (another 1 dayer).
£190 from what I've found is quite a good price. I've had everything from £160 - £350

to back up the other advice I've been told by most of my instructors while I was training to wait for a bit not unless you have a super brain and grasped the idea of all of the systems and teachings in one go.

Good luck mate, keep us updated of how it goes.

Tosh

alot to do with the reduction in contamination and waste

they talk about air gaps, mechanical backflow prevention, dos and donts. its good advice and stuff u should know but the reason for gaining the qual is to self certify, how many plumbers out there self certify? do they know what documentation to use?

When I did it there was no prior reading because the college said people lost the books.
After a Powerpoint presentation we were given the Water Regs books and a set of questions, which aren't hard to understand.
Some of us were all done by 4pm and a "Water Industry Approved Plumber" when the paper work was done.
It's something else to put on your letterhead, but the self-certification only matters if you do a lot of very minor things like up-squirting bidets!

if you decide to go & do water regs course,you get a book with most courses & when you go to test you can take the book with you to use! its an open book exam!
worth doing as it opens your eyes to some helpful stuff!!!

hi im looking into doing the water regs course.i have regs book but its still quite confusing when talking about needing permission to do work and also being able to sign work off.

so basically what am i allowed to do at someones property without the reg cert.

and even when you have the regs cert do you still have to ask for permission on anything?

its ok i went to the regs site a lot of useful information there also a bit a clearer and more detailed than the regs book.

Water Regulations Advisory Scheme

Last edited by a moderator:
hi im looking into doing the water regs course.i have regs book but its still quite confusing when talking about needing permission to do work and also being able to sign work off.

so basically what am i allowed to do at someones property without the reg cert.you will have to get another plumber to check & sign off your work/B] :rolleyes:

and even when you have the regs cert do you still have to ask for permission on anything? not really!:D

its ok i went to the regs site a lot of useful information there also a bit a clearer and more detailed than the regs book.

Water Regulations Advisory Scheme

good luck with your new career!:D

I do believe that in order to self certificate you also have to belong to a competant persons scheme and most of them require you to have a minimum of an NVQ II or 2 to 3 years of experiance. you should not expect to pay more than £150+VAT and for that you will get a folder containing all the units and normally 4 weeks pre-reading.
The Bpec course is a good one to do and it will be worth doing after you have had 6 months to a years worth of experience.

i have just completed and passed my water regulations course,

i was wondering is it compulsary to join the wiap scheme to self certify your own work, i was under the impression that you just benefeit from it slighty if your a member.

also to join the wiap scheme you need at least insurance cover of 2 million pound.
your water regs certificate.
and a plumbing qualification wether it be
city and guilds or nvq.
or a completed apprentership.
or another form of plumbing qualification

was wondering is anyone here done the water regs course and have they joined the wiap scheme. all info will be appreciated thanks.

these courses are good for the knowledge that you will gain in doing them, but in order to self certify you have to have went more or less down the traditional training route. so nvq2 allows partial self certifying and nvq 3 gives you fuller certifying powers. please tell me i am wrong cos i`m fed up reading that you can self certify your unvented,water regs and part p after a few weeks reading and doing a half day course.

i think you are wrong, you dont need no qualifications to self certify only the water regs. but you may have to show competance and knowledge of what your doing. just because you have a city guilds doesnt mean you are competant. and part p has nothing to do with water regs

water regs is purely a short course for wholesome water. and to make sure it doesnt become contaminated in any way.so when you self certify your work/you are telling the customer everything is done to water regs standard.and what you learned on the course

i have done the 6129 and it doesnt really go into backflow and air gaps in depth i learned a lot on that short course and was very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Regs Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock