Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss water Softeners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason.S

Evening chaps.

Just a quickie if you would be so kind.

Should water softeners be used on the WHOLE house or should there still be a tap in the kitchen with un treated water?

Reason i ask is that a few tears ago, if i remember right, that drinking water should NOT be softened.

Can anyone shed some light?

Ta :)

Yes you are correct Jason,the drinking water,usualy tap on kitchen sink, should by pass water softener :)
However if this is a problem with the customer a separate filter can be fitted to the tap just to filter out chlorine and some inpurities

Hi,

The above is correct,

Pop the feed to the water softener above the draw off from the ring main to the kitchen tap.

Remember your isolation valves for bypassing and servicing the water softener

Thanks fellas!

I was thinking of putting one in my own house.

I wouldnt DREAM of doing this in a customers house. That gets left to the pro's.

J

Hi! Jason.

Just as an add on. Many years ago the NHS put out a warning about using softened water for babies. Apparently it affected them somehow, I can't remember how, but it maybe worth looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water Softeners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock