Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Weather Compensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flappy8

Hi all,

In our referbedhouse we are looking at 7 wet UFH zones and 6 rads upstairs. Am I correct inassuming that boiler weather compensation would have no effect on the UFH zonesas the temperature is mixed at the manifold.

If myassumption is correct, it’s probably not something worth paying extra money forthe upstairs rads in well insulated rooms. Am I correct?

Thanks Roger - don't know why my post has many of the spaces missing!

Yes and no....

UFH is runs at the lower temp so runs longer, yes it mixes at the manifold, with lower heat demand will take longer to 'cool' - just the same as a rad. So if you boiler is run 'hot' without weather comp it will cycle more often in warm weather ......

We run the weather comp on heat pumps with ufh and buffers to reduce the heat pump cycling.....

Weather comp is about £100. It may be a condition for your as built epc.

Thanks for the feedback. My plumber normally fits Viessman - is their weather comp ok or do you all prefer other makes?

Thanks for the feedback. My plumber normally fits Viessman - is their weather comp ok or do you all prefer other makes?
Which Viessman is he likely to install ?
Mine had WC built-in & so for a few ££'s installed the outside sensor to activate it, it works fine but I have all rads.
Trust your installer to advise on what is best for you.

Wouldn't trust your installer he's fitting a viessman may aswell be an ariston!

Wouldn't trust your installer he's fitting a viessman may aswell be an ariston!

This is the trouble isn't it? Opinions. I'm the customer and I told him I like Worcester Bosch - I have several of them, never been a problem. "No mate they're **** now - Have a Viessman" is the response. At least he didn't suggest a Keston - my mother's Keston lasted 18 months before even Keston gave up with it!

Worcester's have gone down hill a lot. Each installer has own preference . We install lots of boilers and have less than. 1% faults on Baxi duotec .he we have 150% failure on Baxi duotec GA tho. Ideal vogue is a very good boiler - it's not yet 3 so not time proven. Ideal logic is a workhorse . All Baxi and ideal logic + boilers have unlimited 7 or 10 year warranty ... This covers weather comp and any of their controls installed.

You don't even need to buy boiler and it's broken hence 50% higher than production.
So more boilers are faulty than the manufacturer produces???

Or are you saying that, for every two boilers the manufacturer sells, three never make it out of the factory? In which case that is a 60% failure rate.

No we fitted 709, 709
Broke down within a month of install and then 400 brok again after a week . 309 broke again after 6 weeks and then were replaced.

It was a joke for those who had installed them

Simon,

Fly him to the moon and let him play among the stars.

You can leave here for 4 days in space and when you return its the same old place, what song is that from, 100 people asked and 150 said they didn't know!!!! :37:

No we fitted 709, 709
Broke down within a month of install and then 400 brok again after a week . 309 broke again after 6 weeks and then were replaced.

It was a joke for those who had installed them

Ermi,

Was anything to be learnt from this

Are u in the garage at back of shop. Watch out for the growing mountain of duotec boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weather Compensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock