Search the forum,

Discuss Weight loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Don't need to lose any but decided after pigging out over xmas to try and eat a bit more healthy so cut out biscuits and cake and almost most choccy......have the odd bit of wholenut my weakness in all of this have lost 6 lb without trying really still eat my takeaways but eating more fruit and veg ......how you guy's doing...lol regards Turnpin:smile5::smile5:

lost a stone with the original diet, put some back but still around 15 stone, want to be less!!!!

I'm down about 2 1/2 stone and 4" off my waist. About 7 months without sweets and chocolate. Swapped the lunchtime sarnies for a salad in October. I also swapped the litre of fruit juice I drunk every evening for weak squash or cordial. I also found that I could cut out the sugar on my breakfast cereal as my sweet tooth lessened.

Still having the odd takeaway etc. and not altered my main meals hugely although I am eating more salads having developed a liking to them.

I've always been very active, walking the dogs at least once a day, agility training three times a week and regular agility competitions. Despite that I wasn't very fit and struggling a bit running Bertie round the agility courses. As well as the weight loss my fitness is much better now as well.

I'm up to 15 stone. Never been this heavy before. The trouble with not smoking is I've replaced it with snacking during the day. Need to do something soon because it's creeping up and up.

I'm 17 stone have no diet plan in place as such but do need to start moving about again. All the time I was installing and running about it never really worried me but spending more and more of the day inactive and sitting down, smoking more then before aswell. Thinking about starting down the gym again and taking different salads to work. My weakness is breakfast. I leave at 5:30 and don't fancy anything but get close to work and am starving repetition of food also bores me so something simple like porridge pots at work I don't have the will power to stick to

Gentlemen my respect for your honesty.....I understand we are all different and it can be hard to try but I reckon small changes can have a big impact ......now I need to try and get a bit fitter I've even been breaking the tops off my own boiled eggs.....lol regards Turnpin:smile5:

I'm up to 15 stone. Never been this heavy before. The trouble with not smoking is I've replaced it with snacking during the day. Need to do something soon because it's creeping up and up.

Big bag of raisins in the van.Take a gob full everytime you're peckish; also helps with bowel movement.

I'm 17 stone have no diet plan in place as such but do need to start moving about again. All the time I was installing and running about it never really worried me but spending more and more of the day inactive and sitting down, smoking more then before aswell. Thinking about starting down the gym again and taking different salads to work. My weakness is breakfast. I leave at 5:30 and don't fancy anything but get close to work and am starving repetition of food also bores me so something simple like porridge pots at work I don't have the will power to stick to

I've managed since October with a salad every day. I've got about 15 different dressings in the fridge and add a different protein each day. I also treat myself every now and again with something like a prawn and avocado salad with thousand island dressing.

It helps if you've got an incentive. My incentive was to lose weight and get fitter for the agility as my lack of fitness was stopping me from progressing.

Rather than view it as a diet my plan was a lifestyle change as if I go back to sweets and chocolate I'll slip back into bad habits.

Apart from the weight loss I've seen quite a big change in my health. My blood pressure has dropped from seriously high to slightly elevated. I had a post 50 health check at the quacks a couple of months ago and passed with flying colours. My cholesterol level was about 3.5, diabetes test negative and because of my lifestyle change the nurse said that the elevated blood pressure would need to be monitored but no drugs were needed and was likely to carry on dropping.

Have a look at the paleo diet. Eat as much as you want.

Just emptied my winter coat of all the nuts,olives,small tools and bits of fittings and seem to have lost 1/2 a stone quite quickly

Best tip I got about weight gain is to drink lots of water,keep a bottle in the van topped up...a lot of folk mistake thirst for hunger and eat instead of drinking

:tounge_smile:

I'm on the Paleo diet to try and help the missus, I feel great for not having processed foods. Plus found most of the time I was thirsty not hungry. So keep a bottle of water and a bottle of squash in the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weight loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Non plumber here, just a householder so please go easy on me! Our house was renovated several years ago and all plumbing replaced. It is a...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Was hoping to get some advice... When I moved in the central heating was not working (they didn't tell us), paid quite a bit of cash to get...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope you can help..I'm a total dunce when it comes to all things plumbing, apologies if posted in the incorrect forum too...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock