Search the forum,

Discuss wetroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
been doing a wetroom in a property last couple of weeks, fining myself very slow on it, ive been there 2 weeks but have been doing other work there aswell , kitchen plumbing, re routing pipes, new gas run , soil stack being moved, coring new holes for all waste pipes, but bathroom is only 1.5m by 1.8m , it ne of these procare shower trays that fit flush to the floor, but ive had to dry line all the bathroom before I started as the original plaster was going down to the floorboards only, then when I put the slimline tray on top of the beams so it was flush with the top of floorboards I had nothing to seal It to if you know what I mean? so we dry lined all the bathroom down to the beams and skimed them all before cladding them , I have just fishinshed the non slip flooring that goes up the wall about 4 inches tonight , so will be cladding tomorrow , for this I have to pva the new skim and gripfill the cladding on to it, I was just wondering, would it have been better for me to batten out the walls, put half inch plywood on them down to beams, then staple cladding straight on to it? this way I would not have to chase any pipes into the wall , not have to skim and pva, no dry lining , and have good fixings for everything, what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wetroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Moved in to a new house a few months ago. The previous owner had installed an accessible wetroom with nonslip flooring, handrails, etc. We've been using it but have started to notice that some of the floor tiles make a squelching sound when you tread on them and a little water emerges...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am building a wetroom from scratch, i am a very experienced plumber and bathroom fitter but amazingly have never been asked to do a wetroom before - I have watched a lot of videos on the subject and am happy to pay for and use a tray however it occurs to me that I am building a...
Replies
Views
Hi all Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame. Now leaks when water gets into frame and down into downstairs wall Another plumber has sealed inside area whwre it is shown yellow , which i get is not ideal. i was going to just seal a thin...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock