Discuss What a nightmare in my eyes... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably nothing wrong with the pump they often stick and need freeing off normally caused by being tested on the production line a little water remaining in there erp ones are worse in my opion , certainly not looked after you or your customer Ronny

I stopped using Worcester donkeys years ago for the customer service I received with a warranty job. I ended up doing the job for them after 4 visits.

Unimpressed !
Still, I smile when I think how many Worcester Boilers I haven't bought since.
I know our contribution to Worcester sales figures is probably very insignificant but there you go

probably nothing wrong with the pump they often stick and need freeing off normally caused by being tested on the production line a little water remaining in there erp ones are worse in my opion , certainly not looked after you or your customer Ronny
Unfortunately the engineer I hired couldn't free the pump. He took the big screw at the front off and tried moving the inner part. I suggested to remove the pump head and try to move the pump.
However, I tried making it easier for him and offered parking on display which I would have paid. Long story short they'll will come next Monday :/ had to offer mythe tenants to take a shower at my place if they need warm water.

Fm Ronny theres sevice and then theres going over board mate he should have taken the head off freed it off , pure laziness on your contractors part , the screw on the front will vent the pump thats about it on erp , cheers kop

Hi lads I can't urgently on side waiting for Worcester Bosch to come and to assess the job. However, I had a oder look and it seems like this is a no go with the flue. The collar at the Bottom isn't fixed properly the flue looks like not even fitted properly, not cemented at all

What's your thoughts on that?

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

Wouldn't worrie about the space around the flue is externally it's sealed up

Regarding the top plate as Scott says normally 3 screws which it looks like they've lost as they have used normal wood screws

That's shocking, get the installer back. A screw is missing from securing the flue down. In fact all 3 are missing and two have been replaced with normal screws. Classed as immediately dangerous in the gas regs.

That's shocking, get the installer back. A screw is missing from securing the flue down. In fact all 3 are missing and two have been replaced with normal screws. Classed as immediately dangerous in the gas regs.

How is it id please explain your reasoning

How is it id please explain your reasoning

No longer a room sealed appliance as the third screw creates the seal on the top of the boiler. AR for incorrect screws and riddor reportable.

What does the outside look like?
I wonder if **** screwed and taped on the telescopic joint

No longer a room sealed appliance as the third screw creates the seal on the top of the boiler. AR for incorrect screws and riddor reportable.

Guess you haven't seen there new tb about leak rate

No excuse for bad workmanship Ronny needs sorting out bud get the installer back did Worcester sort out the fault ?
Cheers kop

Guess you haven't seen there new tb about leak rate

I have, its about the gaps in the folded metal corners not a gap in the seal connecting the flue to the appliance. In fact they mention in the TB that is any unburnt gas leaks inside the boiler it will naturally vent outside through the flue. Obviously assuming a correct seal. The fact this isn't sealed means the gas would escape into the room now. How you can even argue this isn't ID is worrying.

I have, its about the gaps in the folded metal corners not a gap in the seal connecting the flue to the appliance. In fact they mention in the TB that is any unburnt gas leaks inside the boiler it will naturally vent outside through the flue. Obviously assuming a correct seal. The fact this isn't sealed means the gas would escape into the room now. How you can even argue this isn't ID is worrying.

How are they different hole is a hole,

me personally I would ar it

The outside seems to be done with bonding or something. However, it is sealed from the outside but still Ann awful installation.

Thanks to you all for giving me such great back up I will go there now to sort that out with him.

Thumbs to each and everyone

There is only 10cm sticking out right underneath the rain gutter. I was sure there was a ref for a certain distance. The Worcester engineer had a look and said it's fine. He seemed in rush but did his job in full. Checked, operating pressure , flue gas analysed it, checked the fan. But fail to do a tightness test just walked in and started his job.

There is only 10cm sticking out right underneath the rain gutter. I was sure there was a ref for a certain distance. The Worcester engineer had a look and said it's fine. He seemed in rush but did his job in full. Checked, operating pressure , flue gas analysed it, checked the fan. But fail to do a tightness test just walked in and started his job.

There only responsible for the appliance not the existing gas system

No excuse for bad workmanship Ronny needs sorting out bud get the installer back did Worcester sort out the fault ?
Cheers kop
Yes Worcester came today, without tightness test. Started his job checked the pump. He took the pump head off and was completely not moveable. However, once I used a little screwdriver I freed it and it worked fine. He still changed the pump and did his tests as explained above. He wasn't really happy with the flue either neither the pipework. He said it isn't great ... I said it's awful ... thanks for coming back guys !!!

I heard o lot when having a water meter you will need a shock arrestor that's what the Worcester have said due to the non return

Have you paid?
Maybe request a free gas safe inspection
Yes have paid already in full and he keeps asking me to leave him a review. It I will explain to him today ( as I am not a pick ) that is not what he really wants as it will ruin his business.

I actually wanted to ask him for a gas safe check for another ÂŁ75 and perhaps changing the gas hob.

Perhaps I won't be offering money but instead asking for doing it for free. I know what his answer will be and how he will react towards me :)

Ah ok, I thought everyone working on a gas appliance should undertake such a important step.

He's not working on the gas line

If he was replacing the gas valve he would only have to test from the boiler valve to the new gas valve

He's not working on the gas line

If he was replacing the gas valve he would only have to test from the boiler valve to the new gas valve
I was still happy with the way he checked and worked at the boiler but the aftercare ... don't ask me ... never again ... learned the hard way again!!!

Did the Worcester guy screw down the flue or leave it?

Did the Worcester guy screw down the flue or leave it?
After I mentioned it and he inspected the flue he took some screws and screwed it down. He can not leave it like this that's what he mentioned. I believe he has noted it on his laptop.

What would you guys tell him this evening? The engineer of he asks for review etc

Tell him Worcester fixed the pump but 'at risked' the boiler due to the poorly fitted flue. You had to pay someone else to sort out the flue.

Tell him Worcester fixed the pump but 'at risked' the boiler due to the poorly fitted flue. You had to pay someone else to sort out the flue.
Thanks Scott,

I get your point but he will ask me now in 10 min he had to come anyway to commission the boiler. Why would I take someone else to make good? The boiler couldn't be left running as I said to him it isn't comssioned yet and therefore please isolate the gas and electrics. That's what worcest r did. Now I am on my way to him to let it sign off and benchmark fill per out.

Ronny the guy screwed you over problem is you need him to register it and complete the benchmark so probably going put up with it , i would not let him do anything else for you but your choice. Kop

That's the only hong they have filled out now ... I'm still here and I'll make ute I won't use this guy again.

IMG_3793.JPG

How are they different hole is a hole,

me personally I would ar it

How are they different?

One is manufactured that way and tested with a TB stating its ok.

The other is an incorrectly fitted seal on the appliance with no such TB covering such a bodge job.

Surely this is just a simple case of being able to interpret the regulations. You are a clever guy, you know your are wrong , you just probably don't want to admit it.

Those figures on the benchmark are made up. 29ppm and 9.3% don't give a 0.0008 ratio.
What can I do ? They want to leave the casing off because they need to take the kitchen cupboard off and it's late they leave the boiler on with full electricity they said it's fine

What do you guys make of the benchmark ? filled in sitting in the van i bet ,You have named and shamed him now Ronny i would edit that bud while you can its a tricky situation you have got yourself in tread carefully mate its not registered until he does it with gas safe . Kop

Last edited:
Who else has looked him up on the Gas Safe website? haha

who left it Worcester?

The installer Shaun have a look at the benchmark those figures are not right and there things missing wheres the print offs of flue gas analysis i staple them to the benchmark .

What do you guys make of the benchmark ? filled in sitting in the van i bet ,You have named and shamed him now Ronny i would edit that bud while you can its a tricky situation you have got yourself in tread carefully mate its not registered until he does it with gas safe . Kop
It is already registered as he had to call them last week and they have asked about the address and what boiler it etc,.. I will call them tomorrow and will ask if the boiler has been registered. I will hunt it down trust me there.

The installer Shaun have a look at the benchmark those figures are not right and there things missing wheres the print offs of flue gas analysis i staple them to the benchmark .

cant be as ron said the boiler wouldnt fire and by the looks of it its fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a nightmare in my eyes... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
M
We had a plumber fitting a shower pump a few moths ago. We had recently moved to a house in which the shower pump that was already fitted wasn't...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Hello just joined and my 1st post on here . My friend has had a new combi boiler fitted then asked the same engineer a few months later to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure...
Replies
Views
Back