Search the forum,

Discuss What a nightmare in my eyes... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you paid?
Maybe request a free gas safe inspection

There is only 10cm sticking out right underneath the rain gutter. I was sure there was a ref for a certain distance. The Worcester engineer had a look and said it's fine. He seemed in rush but did his job in full. Checked, operating pressure , flue gas analysed it, checked the fan. But fail to do a tightness test just walked in and started his job.

There only responsible for the appliance not the existing gas system

No excuse for bad workmanship Ronny needs sorting out bud get the installer back did Worcester sort out the fault ?
Cheers kop
Yes Worcester came today, without tightness test. Started his job checked the pump. He took the pump head off and was completely not moveable. However, once I used a little screwdriver I freed it and it worked fine. He still changed the pump and did his tests as explained above. He wasn't really happy with the flue either neither the pipework. He said it isn't great ... I said it's awful ... thanks for coming back guys !!!

I heard o lot when having a water meter you will need a shock arrestor that's what the Worcester have said due to the non return

Have you paid?
Maybe request a free gas safe inspection
Yes have paid already in full and he keeps asking me to leave him a review. It I will explain to him today ( as I am not a pick ) that is not what he really wants as it will ruin his business.

I actually wanted to ask him for a gas safe check for another ÂŁ75 and perhaps changing the gas hob.

Perhaps I won't be offering money but instead asking for doing it for free. I know what his answer will be and how he will react towards me :)

Ah ok, I thought everyone working on a gas appliance should undertake such a important step.

He's not working on the gas line

If he was replacing the gas valve he would only have to test from the boiler valve to the new gas valve

He's not working on the gas line

If he was replacing the gas valve he would only have to test from the boiler valve to the new gas valve
I was still happy with the way he checked and worked at the boiler but the aftercare ... don't ask me ... never again ... learned the hard way again!!!

Did the Worcester guy screw down the flue or leave it?

Did the Worcester guy screw down the flue or leave it?
After I mentioned it and he inspected the flue he took some screws and screwed it down. He can not leave it like this that's what he mentioned. I believe he has noted it on his laptop.

What would you guys tell him this evening? The engineer of he asks for review etc

Tell him Worcester fixed the pump but 'at risked' the boiler due to the poorly fitted flue. You had to pay someone else to sort out the flue.

Tell him Worcester fixed the pump but 'at risked' the boiler due to the poorly fitted flue. You had to pay someone else to sort out the flue.
Thanks Scott,

I get your point but he will ask me now in 10 min he had to come anyway to commission the boiler. Why would I take someone else to make good? The boiler couldn't be left running as I said to him it isn't comssioned yet and therefore please isolate the gas and electrics. That's what worcest r did. Now I am on my way to him to let it sign off and benchmark fill per out.

Ronny the guy screwed you over problem is you need him to register it and complete the benchmark so probably going put up with it , i would not let him do anything else for you but your choice. Kop

That's the only hong they have filled out now ... I'm still here and I'll make ute I won't use this guy again.

IMG_3793.JPG

How are they different hole is a hole,

me personally I would ar it

How are they different?

One is manufactured that way and tested with a TB stating its ok.

The other is an incorrectly fitted seal on the appliance with no such TB covering such a bodge job.

Surely this is just a simple case of being able to interpret the regulations. You are a clever guy, you know your are wrong , you just probably don't want to admit it.

Those figures on the benchmark are made up. 29ppm and 9.3% don't give a 0.0008 ratio.
What can I do ? They want to leave the casing off because they need to take the kitchen cupboard off and it's late they leave the boiler on with full electricity they said it's fine

What do you guys make of the benchmark ? filled in sitting in the van i bet ,You have named and shamed him now Ronny i would edit that bud while you can its a tricky situation you have got yourself in tread carefully mate its not registered until he does it with gas safe . Kop

Last edited:
Who else has looked him up on the Gas Safe website? haha

who left it Worcester?

The installer Shaun have a look at the benchmark those figures are not right and there things missing wheres the print offs of flue gas analysis i staple them to the benchmark .

What do you guys make of the benchmark ? filled in sitting in the van i bet ,You have named and shamed him now Ronny i would edit that bud while you can its a tricky situation you have got yourself in tread carefully mate its not registered until he does it with gas safe . Kop
It is already registered as he had to call them last week and they have asked about the address and what boiler it etc,.. I will call them tomorrow and will ask if the boiler has been registered. I will hunt it down trust me there.

The installer Shaun have a look at the benchmark those figures are not right and there things missing wheres the print offs of flue gas analysis i staple them to the benchmark .

cant be as ron said the boiler wouldnt fire and by the looks of it its fired

who left it Worcester?
Worcester had left it too like this but they have isolated electrics and gas.

But now, the engineer has left the casing off because it was late for him to take the cupboard off the wall to put the casing on. I was so shocked that I didn't know what to say but would have loved to call him names....

I said, are you sure ? He was like, well yeah the casing is just for the noise really hahahahhahahah

I was so shocked that he believed what he was saying.

People like this should be not allowed to work on appliances like this. They should be taken his license away.

They left the boiler running like this and will return tomorrow ...

Now the big cherry !!!!

Guess what the top 2 solutions were to fit the casing ?

A ) either take the cupboard off and put it on ...
or
B ) cut the back of the casing about 2/3" each site and then put it on so you won't be able to see that and they don't have to take the cupboard off.

says it all

Khan, Atesham is his name

6 week wonder

He also used his iph Ne with an App to do the gas rate ... he just put anything in there ... he did not do it because the gas meter is downstairs outside located. No gas tightness after the job. I'm quite gutted with this type of job and it will all come back to me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a nightmare in my eyes... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock