Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What are you views on Viessman 100wb1c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

farout20

My plumber has recommended the Viessman 100wb1c combination boiler. Having looked it up on some other review board, there seem to be a lot of complaints with a Viessman boiler as well as poor customer care from viessman. What are your thoughts on this boiler?

I used to fit a lot of Viessmanns, I moved away from them simply because of the price. I haven't had a single one break down, and still service most of them regularly, they're running perfectly and looking in great condition.

Positives are: stainless steel heat exchanger, easy to work on, decent components used throughout.
Negatives are: Expensive (inc. parts), a lot of plastic (although never had a problem), rubber hoses (again never had a problem but the potential is there).

If you're happy with the installer and he likes fitting them then go with it. A boilers reliability is down to a good installation, not brand reputation. I normally fit Ideal Logic+/independant + now for what it's worth.

I'm not keen on them, I used to work for a company that installed them and had a few problems with them and as above parts are pricey and had quite a few customers find the controls difficult to use (almost as bad as Vaillant controls lol)

I think for the money you can buy better.

But if you ask 10 different installers you will get all sorts of different answers.

I fit viessmanns and love them, so do my customers, customer care is spot on or at least it has been when I need them.it would take a lot for me to change manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are you views on Viessman 100wb1c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have this boiler to heat and provide hot water for my home. I have had a total of three of these boilers. The first two were recalled by...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch 24Ri regular boiler (open vent) which is 10 years old. It has been pretty reliable with only one fault (the fan unit...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
I'm planning to get an air source heat pump (ASHP) installed and I'm considering my options about the location of the water cylinder as I live in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock