Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss what can you do with old cordless drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a Makita BHP 453 cordless drill and battery. It is worn out and whenever you turn it on it smells of burning.

I also have a Bosch GS13 18-2-L1 professional cordless drill which I got wet and although I tried to dry it out, it only works occassionally

I have since bought another Bosch drill

Does anyone know anywhere that repairs drills ? I think the Bosch is retrievable

Or is there anywhere that recycles them. It seems a waste just to throw them out?

Thanks

Paul

Sell them to Ermi.
He's a tool junkie.

P.S. Yeah, and before Ermi gets it in.
"It's better than being just a tool."
There, said it myself:)

Last edited:
If you have to trash them, then your local council dump will have a place for electrical goods for recycling & a place for the batteries - which are supposed to be properly recycled anyhow as hazardous.
There's not a lot to the works inside drills & worth opening them to see if worth fixing. Sometimes a careful clean, some grease (where needed) for gears etc & new brushes if worn out.
If motors are knackered, just recycle the lot.
Brand new cordless drill bodies - even the professional models, are very cheap anyhow. It's just the batteries that cost.

Last edited:
Croppie will have biggest robot?

Take them to Hilti think u still get £100 of new tool .

We should build a UKPF one. Between us I reckon there's enough skill and knowledge to make a good go of it.

Skill yes......

Knowledge aplenty.....

The ability to agree on how to build it...... Not a prayer.........

Croppie could drive it? Bit like "knockahomer " in Simpsons?
ae99027dc1ecbe326758c55b8deb0a1c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they just join the rest under the work bench in my garage, waiting for the day I take them to the boot sale, which never seems to happen. Occasionally the mrs has a rummage, tries the charger for a drill/driver Ive retired and takes it upto her stables to screw in a panel a horse has booted out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what can you do with old cordless drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock