Discuss What Certificates should I have whe buying 'newbuild' house with Underfloor C/H sytem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nimrod

I'm in the process of buying a 'new build' property fitted with Natural Gas-fired Gloworm Ultracom 30 SXi boiler supplying radiators and G/F underfloor heating with Range Tribune HE 210 mains pressure hot water system. Should I expect the builder to provide commissioning certificate to show pressure test results for underfloor system separately from general Compliance Certificates for Central heating system as a whole. I've heard harrowing stories of people experiencing time delayed leaks emerging from hidden underfloor pipework and subsequent need for major and disruptive repairs to rectify which could have been detected had pressure tests been properly conducted, so am now a little wary.

Any advice in this regard would be appreciated. I'm assuming there are ways of having such a system tested...? before I actually buy. Again advice appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What Certificates should I have whe buying 'newbuild' house with Underfloor C/H s

you should get a gas certificate for whole installation, benchmark/commissioning and building control certs for the boiler and unvented cylinder. im not sure what if anything you should get for underfloor heating.

having a pressure test cert only tells you the pipework was ok on day of test, before screeded floor and other works has been carried out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Certificates should I have whe buying 'newbuild' house with Underfloor C/H sytem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
L
Hi everyone, i am looking to finally buy a pressure tester but cant decide on which sort. i have been using my mates rothenberger rp50 which is...
Replies
Views
long-pass
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock