Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What lead lock do i use on pipe 1inch in diameter. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

What size lead lock do i need for pipe the is
1” in diameter? I bought a 1” x 15mm and it
was to small.

I used a tape measure around the outside of the pipe, it came to 4 inches.
If it was one turn and exactly 4 inches then that's 4.0/pi = 1.27". That's probably 3/4" - 11lb lead pipe, which has an OD of 1.233". Another close size is 3/4" - 9lb, which is 1.152" OD.

There are other sizes with ODs closer to 1 inch, which is what you originally said the OD was. E.g. 1/2" - 9lb has an OD of 1.016".

Last edited:
don"t they now do one that fits 1 lb to 3 lb universal , its alarge unit, sure i"ve seen one some where?

Just buy a 1/2 7,9lb and 3/4 9lb and return what you don’t use

9 OR 11 LBS
What size lead lock do i need for pipe the is
1” in diameter? I bought a 1” x 15mm and it
was to small.
Go for 9 or 11 LB Lead Loc which I thinks 3/4" 22mm copper quite a large one

Reply to What lead lock do i use on pipe 1inch in diameter. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock