Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What's everyone charging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondered what people are charging over the next few days.
if I'm boored enough and get a callout Xmas or Boxing Day I was thinking of £130 plus vat per hour.
every day after that I'm taking the next 7 days off and it will be £80 per hour plus vat.

so far had 2 people today go for £80 plus vat. 2 people said it was to expensive.

Eleventy million pounds a visit.
If I get a call it would be £150 an hour.

Last edited:
2 years back in the snow, between £250 and £200 per hour over boxing day evening and did 4 jobs no more than 1/2 hour each :), 3 frozen condensate pipes and one thermistor on a baxi.

I wouldn't even bother going out. If it's a boiler or heating breakdown the chances are I wouldn't be able to repair it then and there so wouldn't even know how to charge.

forgot to say, last job they were off out and said help yourself to the buffet, granddad will make out the cheque for you, lovely supper before I had to eat another later on at home

Eleventy million pounds a visit.
If I get a call it would be £150 an hour.

This, and even then i probably wouldn't be too keen. If you work over the festive period you start back feeling like you've had no break at all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been out all day just got in call after call x 9 calls I've picked up 2 new boilers to fit in jan I've charged £90 ph + vat no problems

currently Id go out for free! 4 women prepping for xmas, my worst nightmare possible

£200ph main days, £100ph other days emergency fix only or dont bother me!.

Not going out no matter what.this is my first Christmas off in 5years feel as giddy as a kid

Did a combi swap last Xmas eve £900 labour for few hours . Karma though as locked keys in van. Slam locks - had to get mrs to drop spare off. She was pished!

No chance of getting me out tomorrow. Between Christmas and new year will take atleast £120 to even get me to leave the house, I really want some time off.

I feel out of touch with pricing! Is this really what you lot would charge?! I wouldn't feel right charging that kind of money!

I feel out of touch with pricing! Is this really what you lot would charge?! I wouldn't feel right charging that kind of money!

You have to they all want something for nothing and there is no loyalty if matey can do the job you have been doing for 5 years at X price £5 cheaper they drop you like a stone IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's everyone charging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock