Search the forum,

Discuss whats that pipe that is branching off my bath water feed? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

i'm rummaging around under the bath wanting to change the old 1970's taps. the feed to the taps is 15mm but there's another 15mm pipe branching off and into the wall about 6 inches before the feed reaches the tap connector. i have no idea why or what it is for. why would you have a pipe taking water away from the flow to the bath?
i'm not a plumber and cant understand this idea at all. the house used to be two flats and the pipe re-appears in a room next to the bathroom. i'm told this room used to be a kitchen. does this explain anything? do i have to plumb in this "branch" pipe when i connect the feed to the bath taps? or can i cap it off and forget about it?

please help as it is really holding up progress

Is the pipe that reappears in what used to be the kitchen blanked off or connected to anything, would you want a water feed in this room for anything?

Reply to whats that pipe that is branching off my bath water feed? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock