Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Whats the name of this central heating bleed valve 'thing'? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaffab

Hi all,

I have a radiator by my front door which has a leak (now isolated to stop the leak) from a cental heating bleed valve - I suspect the cleaner hit it with a hoover and damaged it - but in order to replace it, I need to know what it is called so I can order the right part.

I am not talking about the radiator bleed valve (the ones at the top of the rad)- its the central heating bleed valve and is at the base of the rad.

Now, here is the complex bit, its not like any bleed valve I have seen before - the ones I have seen are outside of the radiator isolation valve, and point at 45 degrees - this points directly down and is sat between the actual rad and the rad-valve.

So the fitments are as follows....

pipe from wall feeds into ..... radiator 90 degree isolation valve... feeds into this bleed valve thing.... feeds into the rad... feeds into the thermostate valve... feeds into the 2nd pipe back into wall.

The central heating bleed valve thing is T shape, and the T points down about 2cm and has a chrome cap which appears like it would unscrew - but its this cap which is damaged.

Anybody know the part I am talking about? What its called?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drain valve TCB1458PS.jpg

Good job im in a nice mood !!!!

Pegler Terrier Lockshield Valve 15mm | NoLinkingToThis

I will take a photo tonight... but its not the type shown above - as I say, its T shape - the one above is 45 degree valve for the end of a pipe - this is a T passthrough, with the T below having a small silver cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the name of this central heating bleed valve 'thing'? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock