Discuss What's the NLT version of a radiator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plummy

Hi,

What does the abbreviation "NLT" mean for a radiator?

I have to choose between two radiators, and the only difference is
that one is the NLT version (higher BTU rating).

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for your answer.
No not LST, it's really NLT.
Here an example, both look exactly the same:

1. Horizontal White Oval Column Radiator Double Panel 600 x 600mm
ebay.co.uk/itm/Horizontal-White-Oval-Column-Radiator-Double-Panel-Bathroom-Heater-600-x-600-mm-/330972240197
= normal version: BTU Rating: 2071 = 2771 Watt

2. Horizontal White Oval Tube Radiator Double Panel 600 x 600mm NLT
ebay.co.uk/itm/600-x-600mm-Gloss-White-Double-Panel-Oval-Tube-Horizontal-Radiator-RC451-NLT-/371804110104
= NLT version: BTU Rating: 3856 = 5159 Watt

What's the difference...? Thanks again.

I really do not know what that is but I'd guess at delta T ?

Some give delta T as 60 degrees and some as 50 degrees.

I,m wondering if it's to do with tables used ?

Best thing is to ask rad manufacturers

Thanks, and what means this "delta T" angle?
Delta T is the difference between temperature of water in radiator and room temperature.
Hotter rads= more heat. but boiler spends less time in condensing mode.

I've called the shop, and it turned out it's just an internal product code of them!
Sorry for the confusion.

Does anyone these days design a system with a Delta T of 60 anymore?

No BUT...........!
Some sneaky merchants have used the two temps ( 50 and 60)

SO if your'e looking at rads off output, their prices seem cheaper but it's because its a smaller rad if you get my drift. ( higher temp higher outputs)

Very sneaky, not sure they still do it but out of paranoia I always check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's the NLT version of a radiator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock