Search the forum,

Discuss What's the purpose in this... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20150224_081229.jpg

The plumber who fitted it maybe believed that this would work as secondary return, or kinda mixer haha,

This pipework configuration is proven to double the Hot water output especially when a vertical cylinder is mounted horizontally

That's surely going to be a double draw off when you open taps? Going to get two levels of water & perhaps temperatures mixing. Never seen that before. DIY perhaps.

Maybe he didn't have any clips in the van, so thought he'd support the pipe using an otherwise unused tapping?
Or.... Maybe he's just a rubbish plumber? I bet Roger Bisby is pooping himself!

Just in case one of the hot water draw offs gets blocked

I thnk your all missing the point, john Lewis do some marvellous products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's the purpose in this... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have holes in the wall of my shower enclosure. Down low at the open corner, between the quartz wall and the solid pan. Same at each end of the shower. They are obviously intentional. But they seem stupid to me. Just a hole where water can intrude thru the quartz wall to whatever is behind...
Replies
Views
During November we have to replace a corroded cast soil pipe on the exterior wall of the 1st and 2nd floors of our 1930’s building. Fine. However, it also has a smaller diameter pipe running beside it up the full height. It appears out of the wall, level with the first floor toilet, runs up the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water during the refill (I believe it is known as a refill tube) and is connected directly into the overflow tube that drains into the pan, Googling suggests...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone tell me what the pipe (with the blue isolator) is in between the pump and the motorised ch/hw valve? And should it be open or closed? Recently had to isolate and drain the central heating system to replace some pipe work, turned everything back on, bled, balanced and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'm looking at the above, hoping it will be a good all-purpose tool for repairing our 2 megawatt furnaces. I'm a bit unsure if I need any of the options on it, I don't want to overcomplicate things, but don't want to miss anything out I want to use it for pressure testing and leak testing too...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock