Search the forum,

Discuss what's the worst that can happen? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
broke a basin, damaged a wall, door frame. claiming on my insurance (expensive job for one reason and another.)

customer got a quote, submitted it to insurance company. insurance company ring me to let me know they think it's too expensive.

think they're just keeping me in the loop. but what happens if agreement proves hard to reach between customer and my insurance company. could i still be liable for cost of repairs? or is it their problem?

Insurance will just sort it for ya mate..Bet the toilet and bath felt left out.

was taking off a shower screen, was standing in the bath to get to top. slipped and dropped it, it hit the wall then the basin. which just happened to be a huge, unusual basin sitting on a custom shaped chest of drawers with a mirror tiled in on top of it. first quote to sort is ÂŁ1500, insurance company not having that.

quality bit of bad luck on my part anyway

cheers for reassurance chaps

Last edited:
Blimey, the shower screens ive ever broke just turn to glass powder straight away. Must have been a real tough un.

broke a basin, damaged a wall, door frame. claiming on my insurance (expensive job for one reason and another.)

customer got a quote, submitted it to insurance company. insurance company ring me to let me know they think it's too expensive.

Why did your insurance company feel the need to inform you that the quote was too expensive? Were you the one who furnished them with the quote?
Once you have ''admitted liability'', It should be between them and the custard, end off. If they are not happy with the quote, they should send in their own ''reputable'' trades to look it over and submit a quote, SIMPLES. Sounds to me as if they are looking for a way out

i would prefer to be out of the loop. no idea what they are informing me but they did feel the need to inform me, including cost of quote. i'd rather not hear anymore about it until it's time to pay the excess/discuss increased premiums.

i would prefer to be out of the loop.

i'd rather not hear anymore about it until it's time to pay the excess/discuss increased premiums.

The Excess should be in your policy documents. I will check it now before they try to get you to pay more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what's the worst that can happen? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

HeÄşlo I have a water leak under bathroom floor tiles. It is on the hot water feed to the tap. I noticed the tiles leading to sink warm last few days. Now my radiators are not heating up because the hot water must be getting diverted to the tap. What are my options? Can I get house insurance...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a cold water tank this tank feeds six properties in a straight line below my property is on the third floor so in the middle. The job would entail...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock