Discuss When i empty sink water goes in toilet bowl in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

When I empty the sink in my ensuite bathroom, the water goes into the toilet bowl. The toilet water when flushed comes up to the rim and slowly goes down. Some of the water comes up through the shower. All other toilets and sinks in the house are fine. The shower and bath in main bathroom are fine. No gurgling sink or toilet.

Any ideas on how to unblock this.

Many thanks

Sounds like the big pipe which the other smaller join to has a restriction in it. You may get lucky by plunging the toilet pan when the water in it is halfway between the rim and the normal level.

Excellent advice given and also, if you have a spare person you can do the toilet plunge and have someone block the shower waste with a wet rag. If you don't have a helper at the time, put a wet rag over the shower waste to block it off and put a bucket of water on top of that. Bung it up. Maybe worth doing something similar at the basin.

More force down the big pipe. Because of the backflow you have up the shower drain, the blockage is almost certainly beyond where they join together. Blocking the waste at the shower will stop the trap blowing and losing pressure from your plunging efforts.

Reply to When i empty sink water goes in toilet bowl in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, would greatly appreciate some pointers Toilet downstairs drains slowly. First floor toilet causes bath to reflux water and make noise...
Replies
Views
We have a problem with a downstairs bathroom toilet. When flushed, the water in the bowl rises, as does the water coming up from the shower drain...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank takes about 10 seconds to empty and it’s kind of showers down from the middle, rather than that sudden...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100%...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock