Discuss When the cust knows best. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just had a call from a customer. Leaking rad, bought a new one, different size, needs to be fitted tomorrow as new carpets coming friday. I can move stuff around and fit it in tomorrow afternoon. So I ask is it open vented or sealed - don't know, but you'll have to drain down he says. More than likely I won't I say, oh yes you will. Ground floor rad, timber floor and fed from below.

Happy days.

do the job to his spec draining down etc. then charge him extra when you get air locks galore!

If the customer insists on paying you to drain down,so be it,why rock the boat,go with the flow (bad pun I know),at least that's the lecy bill paid this week:mickey:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have to worry about it now. They've just phoned me to say their son has come in with a can of freeze spray, so won't be needing my services. Hope it's a big can :)

you'll probably get a call that will start HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!

i usually just drain down to be safe in all fairness, but do use my bungs a fair amount, not into freezing kits, never used one so a bit wary although people on here love them, i am temted by one just not sure whats good etc :)

i usually just drain down to be safe in all fairness, but do use my bungs a fair amount, not into freezing kits, never used one so a bit wary although people on here love them, i am temted by one just not sure whats good etc :)

i have this one think its great , its ideal for them office jobs etc where you dont want to be around draining down , bleeding etc. easy money. paid for its self

images

i have this one think its great , its ideal for them office jobs etc where you dont want to be around draining down , bleeding etc. easy money. paid for its self

images

do they not take like 15 minutes though to freeze the pipe? saying that its another 15 minutes your getting paid

It's all about location, location, location. I still prefer to get a bunch of towels, a couple of sf stop ends and do it live. I only drain down as a last resort. But that's just me.

Don't have to worry about it now. They've just phoned me to say their son has come in with a can of freeze spray, so won't be needing my services. Hope it's a big can :)

I'm already wound up by this.....

Why didn't they look into other options before giving you a call and making you re-arrange your diary.

Its got to be done now now now, oh, I don't need you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When the cust knows best. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am building a wetroom from scratch, i am a very experienced plumber and bathroom fitter but amazingly have never been asked to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi, the other day I had a plumber over to fit a new TRV to a radiator on the ground floor. During the process I noticed the pipe connecting the...
Replies
Views
Hi, the other day I had a plumber over to fit a new TRV to a radiator on the ground floor. During the process I noticed the pipe connecting the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock