Search the forum,

Discuss Where on earth do I install a vent pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
drains.jpgHere is a diagram of my upstairs bathroom which I am renovating. Can someone please tell me where the best place is for the vent pipe(s). I have looked at Building Regs and it suggests they can be placed on all appliances but this will create a lot of work and I will have to rethink the layout of the bathroom. Any suggestions. I have numbered all the appliance so that it will be easy to explain a solution. Thanks in advance on this one.

can you put in an automatic air vent,it should only go as high as the basin trap,plus you can reduce from 110mm to 32mm

You may not need a vent.

It depends on the length of drain from the stack to the furthest fixture.
In your drawing it is the pan.

I have heard that automatic air vent can sometimes fail and all the pipework will be in an inaccessible area so I am trying to stay away from that. Or do you mean the ones that are integrated into the wash basin trap.

Normally an extra vent will not be needed. But ideal position for vent would be at, or close to the toilet end. An air admittance valve is allowed if you really need a vent.

Great news oz-plumber! That's just made my life much easy. Also, while I'm here, is it ok to connect 3 to 4 or should it have its own flow direct to the main stack.

That should be OK as long as you use an anti syphon trap on the basin.

Btw, nice diagram. What software did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where on earth do I install a vent pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock