Discuss where would you find gooseneck in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

where would you find a gooseneck
where would you find a gooseneck
From as far as i remember from my days in London i think a goosekneck is a bend that was put on the old lead mains feeding a house. This was to allow for possible ground movement so that there is slack on the pipe and therefore pipe wont pull out of joints or get overstretched

Any vertical vent pipe (usually going to atmosphere) bent back on itself 180 degrees to prevent water
or foreign object ingress.

Open vent over F & E tank on heating and over CW storage tank off of cylinder.

Reply to where would you find gooseneck in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Rad is only a few years old. Paint is flaking away at the top curved section and it looks like faint spots of rust where the rad is now bare.
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock