Discuss Whic Central Heating Filter to go for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Which Central Heating Filter to go for?

Hi All

I'm getting my boiler changed and want to fit a central heating filter at the same time, but am wondering which is the best to go for, as I've seen a few different types but aren't sure on their differences. I've also read that the filters can leak, so is there any advice on that, e.g. fit separate full-flow isolation valves on either side of the filter, in case the filter fittings start to leak?

I've seen the TF1 for £81:
Fernox Total Filter TF1 Magnetic Filter

which is labelled as a magnetic filter, but on reading the description also removes non magnetic contaminants!

I've also seen the Magnaclean TwinTech for £116 which is a magnetic and non-magnetic filter:
Central Heating Filter – MagnaClean TwinTech

Then there's the Sentinel filter for £124 which is also a magnetic and non-magnetic filter
Sentinel 22mm Magnetite System Filter [SYSTEM-FILTER-GB] - £123.90 : UK Plumbing, Online Shop

So I'm a bit confused as to the differences between them. The price difference between the twintech and the sentinel isn't much, but the TF1 is quite a bit cheaper, so was wondering whether I'm missing something and in your experiences which is the best to go for?

Also how long do these filters actually last for, do they need changing every couple of years or so?

Thanks.

I would agree the TF1 seems to be the best . I wouldnt fit the magnabooster 2 unless thats what the customer wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whic Central Heating Filter to go for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock