Discuss Which combi boiker to choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mancs80

Hi,

Hope you guys can help... I want some opinions!

Basically I need a new combi boiler, budget is fairly limited.

Had three quotes and the Ideal Logic Plus 30 and Baxi duo tec 28 have come in on budget. Literally £50 between the two.

warranty on both is 7 years.

which brand would you choose and why?

thanks for your help

Hi , here we go ...... This question is asked a lot on here ... You will end up with a load of different answers, down to we all have our
favourite boilers.
personally, viessmanns all day long for me , but logics are ok.

They are both excellent, and there is little to chose between them, apart from the personal preferences of the installer.

Choose your installer first, and let them choose between the 2 boilers. If they happen to have been on a lot of Baxi training courses, or have an excellent relationship with the local Ideal rep, those factors are more important than choosing between two very good, well priced products.

What prices were you quoted for the two boilers as you say budget is tight? Give us the quotes and what you want to spend on the new boiler then we can recommend

both good boilers , ideal imho looks better however think i would opt for the baxi reckon it would last longer

Both excellent choices but I'm more of a baxi man as had an excellent relationship with the local rep. Just be sure you're getting the HEA and not the GA

Hi and thanks for the replies so far.

I have been quoted £1390 for either model. Fully Installed (stand-off bracket,basic chemical flush and salus magnetic filter included). Benchmark certificate etc.

My budget could go to £1500 max, which I know isn't a huge budget when talking about boilers installed!

The extras I could choose from are a new programmable wireless stat (Solus) for an extra £50, £200 upgrade to get the Platinum baxi which comes with a 10yr warranty.

Currently the boiler I have is controlled by a programmer wired nr the boiler. There is a wired stat in the hall. Are these new programmable stats the way forward? Apparantly you set min/max temps rather than off/on times??

my friend forget both of them the best boiler going now is main eco elite 25 or 30

Hi,

Hope you guys can help... I want some opinions!

Basically I need a new combi boiler, budget is fairly limited.

Had three quotes and the Ideal Logic Plus 30 and Baxi duo tec 28 have come in on budget. Literally £50 between the two.

warranty on both is 7 years.

which brand would you choose and why?

thanks for your help

G/WORM ULTIMATE, German input by Vaillant, British cheap pices, had a good run fitting them.

Id personally prefer a baxi, stuck in my ways from years gone by nightmare ideals. HOWEVER I cannot stress enough I am not slagging the Logics off. Ideal have come on leaps and bounds if you ask me. Anybody any idea why?

Baxi here to, it's been in production longer. Better proven record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which combi boiker to choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back