Search the forum,

Discuss Which combi boiker to choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mancs80

Hi,

Hope you guys can help... I want some opinions!

Basically I need a new combi boiler, budget is fairly limited.

Had three quotes and the Ideal Logic Plus 30 and Baxi duo tec 28 have come in on budget. Literally £50 between the two.

warranty on both is 7 years.

which brand would you choose and why?

thanks for your help

Hi , here we go ...... This question is asked a lot on here ... You will end up with a load of different answers, down to we all have our
favourite boilers.
personally, viessmanns all day long for me , but logics are ok.

They are both excellent, and there is little to chose between them, apart from the personal preferences of the installer.

Choose your installer first, and let them choose between the 2 boilers. If they happen to have been on a lot of Baxi training courses, or have an excellent relationship with the local Ideal rep, those factors are more important than choosing between two very good, well priced products.

What prices were you quoted for the two boilers as you say budget is tight? Give us the quotes and what you want to spend on the new boiler then we can recommend

both good boilers , ideal imho looks better however think i would opt for the baxi reckon it would last longer

Both excellent choices but I'm more of a baxi man as had an excellent relationship with the local rep. Just be sure you're getting the HEA and not the GA

Hi and thanks for the replies so far.

I have been quoted £1390 for either model. Fully Installed (stand-off bracket,basic chemical flush and salus magnetic filter included). Benchmark certificate etc.

My budget could go to £1500 max, which I know isn't a huge budget when talking about boilers installed!

The extras I could choose from are a new programmable wireless stat (Solus) for an extra £50, £200 upgrade to get the Platinum baxi which comes with a 10yr warranty.

Currently the boiler I have is controlled by a programmer wired nr the boiler. There is a wired stat in the hall. Are these new programmable stats the way forward? Apparantly you set min/max temps rather than off/on times??

my friend forget both of them the best boiler going now is main eco elite 25 or 30

Hi,

Hope you guys can help... I want some opinions!

Basically I need a new combi boiler, budget is fairly limited.

Had three quotes and the Ideal Logic Plus 30 and Baxi duo tec 28 have come in on budget. Literally £50 between the two.

warranty on both is 7 years.

which brand would you choose and why?

thanks for your help

G/WORM ULTIMATE, German input by Vaillant, British cheap pices, had a good run fitting them.

Id personally prefer a baxi, stuck in my ways from years gone by nightmare ideals. HOWEVER I cannot stress enough I am not slagging the Logics off. Ideal have come on leaps and bounds if you ask me. Anybody any idea why?

Baxi here to, it's been in production longer. Better proven record.

Last edited:
Intergas for good mid range combi, less to break, which has to be good.

Good choice as long as the installer isn't stuck in his ways... Still a lot of people who haven't even heard of Intergas. Of the two original choices I'd go for the Logic Plus.

of those two the Baxi HEA
make sure it's not a GA

if you don't need it changed immediately then save abit more and dig a little deeper if you intend to stay in the house and go for the baxi platinum which is a HEA but with a longer warranty.

if noise is not a big issue then the baxi is a good choice.

if you gas meter is far away i would be questioning if the gas needs upgrading.

if noise is not a big issue then the baxi is a good choice.

if you gas meter is far away i would be questioning if the gas needs upgrading.

Hi,

the gas pipe into the kitchen unit where the boiler will go is 22mm, it's about eight meters from the gas meter.

Are the Baxis very noisy? The kitchen is directly mounted below a bedroom and as its a fairly new building the walls and floors are like paper!

thanks,

Not noticed that Baxis are noisy at all to be honest, can't say I noticed any difference to most Vaillants.

Do not choose Ideal there awful. Baxi are ok they do offer a long warranty but id pay bit more and go for a Worcester myself. I work on too many ideal boilers and all i do is repair them.

Do not choose Ideal there awful. Baxi are ok they do offer a long warranty but id pay bit more and go for a Worcester myself. I work on too many ideal boilers and all i do is repair them.

Which Ideals do you repair? There are various models. Surely, you can't paint all the models with the same brush? All this posts are beginning to put me off Ideal boilers now??? Might have to start installing WB from now on. Have a 3yrs old Ideal Logic 35 Combi to repair next week. Faulty main HE. To have that repaired I've informed the Customer to set aside at least £450. Might be cheaper to get a new boiler. Then again, I might just get Ideal to replace it for a 'One-Off charge of £275. That is cheaper & reasonable.

If your on a budget then the long warranties wont be worth it. If you struggle to pay for the boiler then the servicing probably wont happen, bang there goes your cover.

Village idiot

if I remember rightly they charge another excess of 100 odd pounds extra for the main HE.

If you're on a budget, Worcester Juniors are a proven design. There are literally millions of them out there, and I haven't had to repair many at all.

Mainly ideal icos and Isar to be honest I got to one more or less every day. Glow worm are awful. Worcester greenstar junior are good for there price. I'd always pay a bit more to get a better boiler. Worcester have a brilliant repair service.

Worcsters, no no no. Stupid boilers designed badly. Any repair turns into a marathon of plasters and o rings. Even topping up the pressures a task.
oretty teliac
Relaible, yes. But when they go wrong, expensive.

A Worcester Junior, despite being a far inferior boiler than the Baxi Duo-Tec in my opinion, is around £200 more expensive so not exactly a budget boiler.
I hate Worcesters with a passion. Vastly over rated due to their admittedly excellent marketing & clearly designed by people who have never had to either fit or repair a boiler, the complexity of the Compact in particular beggars belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which combi boiker to choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock