Discuss Which combi boiker to choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intergas for good mid range combi, less to break, which has to be good.

Good choice as long as the installer isn't stuck in his ways... Still a lot of people who haven't even heard of Intergas. Of the two original choices I'd go for the Logic Plus.

of those two the Baxi HEA
make sure it's not a GA

if you don't need it changed immediately then save abit more and dig a little deeper if you intend to stay in the house and go for the baxi platinum which is a HEA but with a longer warranty.

if noise is not a big issue then the baxi is a good choice.

if you gas meter is far away i would be questioning if the gas needs upgrading.

if noise is not a big issue then the baxi is a good choice.

if you gas meter is far away i would be questioning if the gas needs upgrading.

Hi,

the gas pipe into the kitchen unit where the boiler will go is 22mm, it's about eight meters from the gas meter.

Are the Baxis very noisy? The kitchen is directly mounted below a bedroom and as its a fairly new building the walls and floors are like paper!

thanks,

Not noticed that Baxis are noisy at all to be honest, can't say I noticed any difference to most Vaillants.

Do not choose Ideal there awful. Baxi are ok they do offer a long warranty but id pay bit more and go for a Worcester myself. I work on too many ideal boilers and all i do is repair them.

Do not choose Ideal there awful. Baxi are ok they do offer a long warranty but id pay bit more and go for a Worcester myself. I work on too many ideal boilers and all i do is repair them.

Which Ideals do you repair? There are various models. Surely, you can't paint all the models with the same brush? All this posts are beginning to put me off Ideal boilers now??? Might have to start installing WB from now on. Have a 3yrs old Ideal Logic 35 Combi to repair next week. Faulty main HE. To have that repaired I've informed the Customer to set aside at least £450. Might be cheaper to get a new boiler. Then again, I might just get Ideal to replace it for a 'One-Off charge of £275. That is cheaper & reasonable.

If your on a budget then the long warranties wont be worth it. If you struggle to pay for the boiler then the servicing probably wont happen, bang there goes your cover.

Village idiot

if I remember rightly they charge another excess of 100 odd pounds extra for the main HE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which combi boiker to choose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock