Search the forum,

Discuss WHY are some combis fitted with an integral or fixed filling loop? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a main Eco 30 that i am working on and the Filling loop needs replacing.
OE is £60. There are a few online around £30 (4 day wait) or I can use a flexi.

Just wondering which way to go here.
Also it is always advised that flexi's be removed - WHY since the fixed one obv isn't.

1. Some combi's are fitted with and integral filling loop:
a. For ease of installation - its all in the box.
b. To make money for the manufacturer when they need replacing.

2. Go for an external. More choice = better price.

3. The flexi should be removed to eliminate the risk of the cold water supply being contaminated from the primary circuit. Its a water regulation, more honoured in the breach.

when you say working on what are you doing and are you gas safe?

1. Some combi's are fitted with and integral filling loop:
a. For ease of installation - its all in the box.
b. To make money for the manufacturer when they need replacing.

2. Go for an external. More choice = better price.

3. The flexi should be removed to eliminate the risk of the cold water supply being contaminated from the primary circuit. Its a water regulation, more honoured in the breach.

1.Thought as much. Lol
2. I felt that was best.
3. Definitely.

Thanks for that steadyon

... When the parts wear out , because someone gets to point they re-pressurize 3 times a week .
(because of un-diagnosed cause )
they need to spend even more on expensive parts -- especially if part of BOILER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WHY are some combis fitted with an integral or fixed filling loop? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock