Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Willis imersion heater in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Larry B

Willis heater heats for 5mins and stops gate valve on cold feed between cylinder and immersion discuss options

The temperature rise through the Willis immersion is dependent on the circulating flow rate due to convection and pipe resistance, if got just right then you can have hot water almost immediately in the top of the cylinder but if circulation too high then the water might only be tepid, if flow rate too low, the immersion stat will keep cutting it out.
I would suggest ensuring gate valve fully open and see/feel immersion outlet temperature and see how long the immersion runs for, you can then throttle the valve to give a suitable temperature rise and almost continuous heating until a full cylinder of hot water. post a photo of yours as these are often installed upside down. You should get ~ 6/8 litres of hot water after 5 minutes or so from a 3kw immersion.

Reply to Willis imersion heater in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I...
Replies
Views
I have read of hot water cylinders being heated with a dual element immersion heater. The main principle being that a shorter element heats the...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock