Search the forum,

Discuss Winter Drawers on gang in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

Now the cold weather is approaching, I'm thinking that cold sarnies etc aren't going to be much good whilst parked up at munchtime.
Has anyone got a suggestion for an in-van food warmer? o_O

Know the truckers have mini microwaves and one cup liquid heating elements but guess they could be 24v.
Love the idea of the surefire2 above lol

I tried the blowlamp idea but my CO alarm went crackers as did my nasal hair and eyebrows:'(

Try these.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
Try these.....
tried them before, not bad but you just know you're eating manufactured "meat" you can buy a thermos designed for food not drink I've got one and it's pretty good heat the food up in microwave at 7am ish and its still warm at 12

Could get some 24hr rat boxes and a mess tin.....boom hot bacon and beans or corned beef hash.

you can buy a thermos designed for food not drink I've got one and it's pretty good heat the food up in microwave at 7am ish and its still warm at 12

I've got one of those and agree, they are pretty good...

Use a soup flask or a sf2 on a pan. Or find a furnace and do toast or crumpets on brazing rods!

The trick with flasks is to preheat them, as soon as you put hot food/drink in a cold flask it starts cooling. If you put boiling water in it first for 5 mins to preheat it then it will stay hot longer.

Also buy a decent flask as they keep things hotter for longer.

Thing is that I munch on the move, soup in a flask has potential but chicken and ribs don't fit.

Sandwich maker me self with lovely black pudding in it. Might repeat on ye like feck but it'll heat yer gob up

Says it`s under new owners and closed for business but you can still browse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Winter Drawers on gang in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock