Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss wire extra pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gordy28

i need to put in extra pump to feed 10 rads, at the moment i have wired back to existing pump, which means whenever the boiler starts the 2nd pump kicks in, i need to wire it into the programer so that when it asks for heat it comes in, i have a landris/ staffa rwb9 programer, can anybody tell me what connections on the programer to wire the pump onto please. thanks graham

Not sure why you need two pumps?, it is bad practice to put two pumps on a system, working against each other, can burn one or tuther out,if water not circulating round system correctly, balance or increase size of pump,vari speed ect

the last rad in system is in the conservatory, when i put the conservatory up i ran microbore under the floor to feed last rad, now it only gets warm, when i connect extra pump just before it gets hot. i have put in a grundfoss 15/60 pump but that dont help. i have it on flow at the moment and it does interfere with 2 other rads so i was going to fit extra pump on return, i have tried to cut flow on other rads to try and balance the system without any luck. so i thought if i put the pump on return it may sort any problems out. but im not a plumber and would welcome any advise, i may not get a chance to change anything untill next weekend because of work, ps i am running on speed 3 on pump

If you shut off every rad in the house apart from the conservatory, does it then get hot?

Have you tried balancing the system properly? Not just by turning off each individual radiator?

Last edited by a moderator:
well that rules out a bent pipe etc on the microbore if it gets hot. Shut off the lock shields on every other rad and then open half a turn. This should restrict the flow sending the heat on to the conservatory rad. If the other rads are not hot enough, open a fraction at a time on the lock shield.

i balanced the rads and they are all nice and hot now except that the 3 rads furthest away from the boiler are 20 degrees f colder at the bottom than the top, these are quite new rads and the system has been cleaned so i dont think its sludge,( this is without the 2nd pump so i wont need that now ), 2 of these rads are on a long 15mm run, would it help if i extend the 22mm run of flow and return and reconnect the 2 rads with a shorter 15mm run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wire extra pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock