Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Wireless opentherm upgrade ? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
Had my old baxi 105 replaced with a baxi 630. Got the ifos fitted and set to curve 40. So far all ok. My controls are a salus iT500. Now I realise this is not opentherm compatable, so is worth upgrading to an opentherm smart thermostat to work along side the weather compensation ??
I would like to keep the smart function akin to the iT500 so I can remotely knock the heating off if I am out etc.
I have found the EPH CP4i getting good reviews, and the Tado V3+ kit doesn’t seem to opentherm
So is it worth upgrading to a wireless opentherm room stat that is smart phone compatable, to work alongside the ifos, and if so which one is recommended

Thanks for your time
Roseyp

You can’t use both either wc or opentherm

Might be worth getting the Baxi one, or at least finding out if the opentherm is compatible, I’ve heard that not all are.
Thanks for reply. The Baxi Usense is only wired. It would be major surgery to run a wire from the stat to the boiler. That’s why I need wireless. I’ve seen a difference already with the ifos being installed.
JT Atkinson’s have just opened a branch near me so will pop in there later and ask thrm
Thanks agsin
Roseyp

Reply to Wireless opentherm upgrade ? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock