Discuss Wirquin jollyfill - full flush button stays down. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil999

I have a problem with my Wirquin Jollyfill Toilet cistern.

When I flush with button 1 it flushes and refills ok

When I flush with button 2 (full flush) it flushes, but as it refills
some of the water comes through the pan because button 2 has not come back up on its own so have to press button 2 again to get it to come back up again, but it wont do this on its own.
I have replaced the dual button assembly but this hasnt fixed it.
Can you please advise on how I could remedy this?

Believe it need a new flash valve, but how do you fit it and do you need to turn water off.

it could just need a clean. if you look inside your cistern you might find that full flush side of the valve is covered in slime. if possible remove flush siphon and rinse under tap. check instructions on how to remove and don't forget to turn of water first

For all they cost, just fit a new one. Easily done, follow the instructions that come with it. And yes you will need to turn the water off to the cistern.

If it's one of those cable ones, just replace it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wirquin jollyfill - full flush button stays down. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock