Discuss women plumbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dudley

are all men against women becoming plumbers or was it just the **** who decided to laugh down the phone when i told him it was for me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well i am not,sadly there are lots of bigots and small minded people out there

Don't listen to that **** you do what is best for you. Other people have no right to assume that a women can't do a compitent job or better as 'Gas man', say's small minded bigots (well worded Gas man).

the missus of the bloke i work for is also a gas engineer and she knows more than most blokes iv met!

are all men against women becoming plumbers or was it just the **** who decided to laugh down the phone when i told him it was for me!!!

I don't really understand what u mean, told him what was for you?

Thanks, glad not all me think women can't be plumbers!

Oops I phoned a few plumbers asking if they would take on an apprentice, before the bloke answered my question he asked who was it for and I said the apprenticeship was for me!

Thanks, glad not all me think women can't be plumbers!

Oops I phoned a few plumbers asking if they would take on an apprentice, before the bloke answered my question he asked who was it for and I said the apprenticeship was for me!

well Ive drove past 3 different females at the plumb centre in recent wks, all employed by British gas. They where Young-ish girls aswell. I think Brit Gas are very PC when it comes to this and welcome female applications

hi, i'm a female engineer and can honestly say i've had very few problems with the blokes i work with

Maybe with it being a male dominated job,it is just genuine surprise and taken off guard.Once they think about it,they probably would not find a problem,must be frustrating for you getting silences and awkward responses
I have worked with a few women gas and boiler repair plumbers and have not had a problem
Like it or not ,as said you are wanting to get involved in a traditional male trade and certain barriers will have to be broken down,I do not think strength is a big factor anymore,look at it this way,years from now,you can say you helped open up the trade for women and if it is worth owt,I think it is a trade worth your efforts to break into,keep banging on those doors :D;)

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to women plumbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
A
I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice. Over a year ago I quit my job of 10 years as an engineer to do a plumbing course which I...
Replies
Views
Adamcasper
A
Any one know of a heating engineer/plumber looking for a new start, must have 15 years plus experience, domestic ACS and be capable of working on...
Replies
Views
I'm 29 years old currently studying a npa pre apprentice in plumbing at the inverness college. I've tryed myself to gain apprenticeship but its so...
Replies
Views
M
Hi folks - am posting here for the first time, so hope that I've come to the right place for a bit of advice... I'm having a problem with my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock