Discuss women plumbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dudley

are all men against women becoming plumbers or was it just the **** who decided to laugh down the phone when i told him it was for me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well i am not,sadly there are lots of bigots and small minded people out there

Don't listen to that **** you do what is best for you. Other people have no right to assume that a women can't do a compitent job or better as 'Gas man', say's small minded bigots (well worded Gas man).

the missus of the bloke i work for is also a gas engineer and she knows more than most blokes iv met!

are all men against women becoming plumbers or was it just the **** who decided to laugh down the phone when i told him it was for me!!!

I don't really understand what u mean, told him what was for you?

Thanks, glad not all me think women can't be plumbers!

Oops I phoned a few plumbers asking if they would take on an apprentice, before the bloke answered my question he asked who was it for and I said the apprenticeship was for me!

Thanks, glad not all me think women can't be plumbers!

Oops I phoned a few plumbers asking if they would take on an apprentice, before the bloke answered my question he asked who was it for and I said the apprenticeship was for me!

well Ive drove past 3 different females at the plumb centre in recent wks, all employed by British gas. They where Young-ish girls aswell. I think Brit Gas are very PC when it comes to this and welcome female applications

hi, i'm a female engineer and can honestly say i've had very few problems with the blokes i work with

Maybe with it being a male dominated job,it is just genuine surprise and taken off guard.Once they think about it,they probably would not find a problem,must be frustrating for you getting silences and awkward responses
I have worked with a few women gas and boiler repair plumbers and have not had a problem
Like it or not ,as said you are wanting to get involved in a traditional male trade and certain barriers will have to be broken down,I do not think strength is a big factor anymore,look at it this way,years from now,you can say you helped open up the trade for women and if it is worth owt,I think it is a trade worth your efforts to break into,keep banging on those doors :D;)

imho

Got some female tyre fitters up the road where i live.Park youre van and before you know it the tyres are off and spare is out,not Polish either.

Thanks everyone,

Its good to hear about other women doing 'mens' jobs! Plumbing is something I have wanted to do for years, but was always put off by friends and family! But I have decided that I don't really care what they think its something I want to do and I'm not going to let people stop me especially not men who can't understand a woman can do a job just as well as they can!

If I am being honest, (which I am) I too would maybe question it, but upon your confirmative reply I would accept it

It is difficult as it is a male dominated career

Turn it the other way round though and I still question male nurses etc so its not just you women!

especially not men who can't understand a woman can do a job just as well as they can!

Well to be fair asking us men to understand a women is asking a bit much
And probably some,may find the thought of all that multi tasking a bit threatening
:D:D;)

imho

Keep on going at it, if you want something and work hard enough you will get it.

I for one certainly think you should be given a fair shot at it, the only thing that separates men from women is a pair of b*lls and from what you say about people trying to put you off etc - you have an honourary pair !!

Unfortunately we do still live in a society (whether we like it or not) where people are catorgorized by race, religion and sex. Imagine if you were a beautician and i called you and asked you for a job, your first reaction would be that of shock. Im not saying this makes you small minded, im just saying that we are almost preconditioned to have certain prejudices about things as its what we grow up with.

I hope it works out for you and you find an apprenticeship !! let us know how you get on !! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to women plumbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock