Discuss Wonder valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrlennie

Probably already been mentioned but has anyone used a wonder valve before and what sort of problems does it solve and what problems could it cause?

Ta as always!

oh infact i've fitted tons of them since i looked at this product, you get 6L 8L 10L etc. Fitted on most commercial newbuilds and probably domestic aswell

problems could be dirt blocking up the filter, easy to remove and clean so you need access.

Last edited:
they are very good valves, but i think they are quite expensive. Most domestic new builds have to adhere to code 3/4 so flow restrictions are needed at every fixture. most jobs ive been on dont use these due to cost, the main benifit of them is to be able to easily change the flow restrictor.

its just a matter of closing the valve, unscrewing the cap with a flathead screwdriver and removing the filter with long nosed pliers.

We always removed them before we filled up the system first time due to dirt in pipework blocking them, then usually me(as an apprentice) got the great fun job of going around each valve and putting them back in !!! on large commercial jobs this could take up to a few days lol

its just a matter of closing the valve, unscrewing the cap with a flathead screwdriver and removing the filter with long nosed pliers.

We always removed them before we filled up the system first time due to dirt in pipework blocking them, then usually me(as an apprentice) got the great fun job of going around each valve and putting them back in !!! on large commercial jobs this could take up to a few days lol
since the idea of the filter is to protect the taps or shower from damage id suggest removing them because of the dirt in the system a little counter productive
i speak from experience having once had to fork out 125 quid to replace a shower catridge due to a bead of solder ruining it when mi's say flush without shower attached this is why

well its designed to restrict the flow, and with all the crap in the pipework would usually ruin the filters. We used to flush it through then put them in anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wonder valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back