Discuss Worcester Bosch HEATSLAVE 20/25 ignition failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CraigT

Hi. I've got a Worcester Bosch Heatslave 20/25 oil fired boiler and the burner has stopped igniting.

I have done a fair amount of fault finding and this is what I have found:

If there is a demand from either the hot water, or the heating the burner blower starts, but there is no ignition. It also just continues to run like this; there's no lock-out.
There is oil getting to the pump, but no oil getting to the nozzle (checked by opening the oil pressure blank on the line from the pump).
When there is a demand for the boiler to ignite the oil pump solenoid is only receiving 131v, which I assume is not enough for it to open. The resistance of the solenoid coil is 2300 ohms. If I temporarily wire a fused 240v input to the solenoid terminals it operates correctly and the boiler ignites & runs fine.
Is this pointing to a faulty control box, or is there something else in the electrical circuit that might be preventing the solenoid from being actuated?

I believe that the part number for the control box is 87161200970. A search for this shows a new one to be about £200, however a search for a TF832.3 control box (as printed on the front) has led me to this (sorry, won't let me post url's): heatingsparescentre dot co dot uk/satronic-c23/satronic-control-boxes-and-accessories-c2970/satronic-honeywell-tf8323-oil-burner-control-box-p22492 , which is only £41. Is there a difference, or is this just a brand name thing?!

Thanks,
Craig

If the motor runs and doesnt lockout it sounds like the photocell is checking for light. Disconnect the photocell leads and run the burner, if it fires and then goes to lockout it will be the photocell, if not it is probably the control box.

If the motor runs and doesnt lockout it sounds like the photocell is checking for light. Disconnect the photocell leads and run the burner, if it fires and then goes to lockout it will be the photocell, if not it is probably the control box.

Hi Kimbo,
Many thanks for that. I disconnected the photocell & the symptoms are the same. I also spoke to Technical Support at W-Bosch & they agreed with the Control Box diagnosis. I've ordered one as per my link in the previous post & I'll let you know how I get on!

Brilliant! The replacement control box turned up this afternoon. It's marked Honeywell rather than Bentone, but is still a "TF 832.3" and was £49.68 (including next day delivery). Two minutes later & it was fitted & the boiler's running fine again :smile5:.
Thanks again for your advice kimbo.
Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for coming back to us Craig and glad you're back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch HEATSLAVE 20/25 ignition failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello!! I’ve got an old heatslave 20/25 running on kerosene. Came up with a lockout today. Tested everything I could. Symptoms, blower not...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all. I have a 20 year old Worcester Bosch Heatslave 12/14 Oil-fired I'm getting about 20 seconds of hot water, then the boiler won't fire. I...
Replies
Views
Is there anyone out there who has come across this problem. Our boiler locked out so pressed the reset button and it seemed that all was fine. Red...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock