Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester greenstar 24i junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0167

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

Had a call out to a breakdown and the previous engineer had put a secondary prv on the discharge pipe of the main prv instead of replacing the original also fitted a external expansion vessel upside down with the scrhader valve an inch of the floor

I've never had to change the prv on a worcester 24i junior is it easier to take the boiler off the wall / or the block out, ... or is there a simpler way as it's not located in the easiest location

Thanks for you help

Matt

Yes

You can manage by cutting the cold feed and removing it to gain more access

giphy.gif

So just a follow up guys , job was a peice of Sod removed the cold and return connection pipework as i had to drain it to relocate the expansion vessel previous engineer had done.

So on further talks with the customer the previous engineer was there to sort a noise coming from the boiler, when they explained it to me I knew what he meant . The sound you get when you fire the boiler and there is air in gas line and you get a worbling vibration noise, gas rated it coming up at 18kw on a 24kw boiler so thought maybe gas valve blocked knackered further investigation I found the gas supply tube split coming of the gas valve. Replaced it and the main burner gasket

Put the analyser in to check reading ..... nearly 8000ppm and the co2 was was off , I presume the previous engineer was adjusting the valve not realising the hose was split .

Highest reading I've ever had
Screenshot_20190627-141906_Drive.jpg
20190627_141631.jpg
Screenshot_20190627-141906_Drive.jpg 20190627_141631.jpg 20190627_132915.jpg

All sorted in the end

Reply to Worcester greenstar 24i junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock