Search the forum,

Discuss worcester greenstar 28i no CH but hot water fine... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbrown83

Hi wondering if anyone can point me in right direction - I will get in a pro if needed but want to rule out easy fixes first before being hqmmered with a call out charge for nothing.

I have a worcester greenstar 28i boiler installed, servicing up to date installed around 3-4 years ago never had any problems. Noticed it cold so turned up our wireless thermostat (honeywell hcw80 transmitter/hc60ng relay) noticed no heating suspected the wireless thermostat as we leave the timer unit on constant and just control the temp (timer unit is honeywell st9100a). I have replaced the batteries with duracells followed the repairing steps in the guide for the thermostat I also factory reset the relay too then repaired again to double check - ran the check function and relay showing good signal (5 flashes). When I turn thermostat down the green light goes off on relay when I turn up it lights up so I think its functioning as should be.

I have rwad loads of posts regarding having hot water but no CH but nothing has helped me determine the sudden loss of heating. Hot water working great. No warning lights or blue flashing light at any point boiler just looks as normal. When I turn up thermostat and the relay goes to on nothing on boiler is happening. Usually I hear a sort of electronic rumble then the green flame light would come on soon after but nothing. When I hold service button in for 5 secs it all lights up and I get the flame light the usual sound and very hot rads power light flashes 5 times instructions say this is just indicating service mode. Press again and back to no heating again.

Checked flow diagrams back of instructions says after call for CH there is diverter and fan before ignition....does that mean either of these are the issue?? Would I get warning lights if any of these we not functioning properly? I just want to make sure I try everything I can before being hit with a call out charge and find its something like pressing a button.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - I kno many will say phone someone but as I say I dont want to find its something easily fixable and cant see pump etc being an issue when service mode gives me heating as it should do. Thanks in advance.

Ps the pressure is fine on dial forgot to mention.

Sorry buddy, you're going to have to call someone in.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester greenstar 28i no CH but hot water fine... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
When I set it to be on via phone, light A comes on (telling it to be on), but light B won’t come on, so the boiler doesn’t start. I either need to...
Replies
Views
My Worcester greenstar compact burner green light is only firing up for 5 seconds then cutting out. Anyone got any ideas before I call an engineer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock