Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Highflow 3.5 BF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Got a call this morning off a mate who has the above boiler. Symptoms, this morning boiler was out on overheat stat and pilot light was on but boiler wouldn't fire. When I got there pilot had also gone out on its own.

So, never having been to one of these and having no manual. Tried to light pilot but wouldn't hold so cleaned out injector etc and changed thermocouple. Pilot then held but boiler wouldn't light, checked gas pressure all ok at valve, checked demand and got voltage at both solenoids.
Had trouble due to high winds blowing pilot light out and about so couldn't check anything with cover off only with cover on.
Checked stats etc all seems ok and diverter valve moving from C/H to DHW...managed to hold pilot long enough to get boiler to light but a few minutes later boiler went off and pilot went off with it, then....pilot wouldn't hold again and when I released the grey control knob the gas just seemed to peeter out and disappear, no clicking of solenoid closing.

Told customer that I suspected faulty gas valve and rung a pal who has worked on these before and he agreed after the tests I'd done and everything else he said he would change gas valve.

After struggling to find an obsolete gas valve but eventually sourcing one, replaced the valve. Boiler held on pilot ran for five minutes and back to square one, knocked off and pilot off again, but this time I can hear solenoid clicking. Again pilot wouldn't hold so changed for a universal one I got from local merchants. Pilot still won't hold and boiler wont fire, Anyway am stuck for ideas, going back in morning all I can think of is changing the thermocouple back to an original one and changing the injector although the flame from the pilot looks great and is turning the TC red so is obviously catching the TC correctly. Any ideas before I waste more money would be appreciated...Thanks.

What was the inlet pressure like, I had a back blr the other day and the pilot would randomly go out, the regulator on the meter was faulty

I might have some spares from a fully working one of these in about a weeks time ;)

19.5mb, felt thrashed earlier customer stood behind me all day and even though he's a mate it puts me off my stride.
Spoke to my mate again earlier and he suggested first thing in morning put the thermocouple into the back of the gas valve and loop out the interrupter, this should decide for sure whether its a fault with the boiler or a fault with the TC/pilot etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Highflow 3.5 BF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock