Discuss Worcester Highflow400 Flue terminal Woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayzy1

Hi Guys I need some help here.
I have been told by worcester engineer that my flue is unsafe because the vertical flue has no 'cap thing' on top to protect things going down it. COWL I think its called.

As far as I know it has been that way now for the last 10 years or so but now they say its not acceptable. So I call them up and get a part number only to be told that I have to purchase a whole new flue terminal at a cost of over £300. As you can imagine I fell over.

Has anyone got a spare one (looks like a cone / hat thing) that sits on top of the flue terminal. OR any other suggestions? Worcester are NO help whatsoever and are insisting I buy the who terminal. Disgraceful I thnk.

Many thanks
Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
i doubt it was ever a seperate part which is why they cant supply it have you checked its not sitting in a gutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Highflow400 Flue terminal Woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been searching the Web for a spare part for a Worcester 35 cdi ng boiler that is obsolete. I can't find one anywhere and its...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back