Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester Pump Replacement Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How much would you charge for:

Initial visit to diagnose boiler issue
Ordering and picking up pump for a Worcester 24CDi (old old model)
Fitting part on a Saturday morning

??

I've quoted £250 all in.

How much you getting the pump for ?

valves ok on boiler ?

how you draining down if via blow off allow for a new one :)

Plumbcenter website says £130

So 120 labour 2-3 hours (40-60) an hour

I would say a tad on the cheap side if things go wrong but if they go ok your fine

But for god sake cover the pcb and double cover it bin bags and towels etc

So 120 labour 2-3 hours (40-60) an hour

I would say a tad on the cheap side if things go wrong but if they go ok your fine

But for god sake cover the pcb and double cover it bin bags and towels etc
Haha I plan to!! Does the 24CDi not have a drain off then? There's no way I'm doing it via the PRV! All I'll get it 'well it was fine before you touched it!'

Valves are corroded so was just gonna change the head..

Haha I plan to!! Does the 24CDi not have a drain off then? There's no way I'm doing it via the PRV! All I'll get it 'well it was fine before you touched it!'

Valves are corroded so was just gonna change the head..

it does but depending on how it looks i wouldn't trust it tho any rad drain offs fitted?

it does but depending on how it looks i wouldn't trust it tho any rad drain offs fitted?
Didn't look. Could always put in a self tapping drain off and leave it in if there isn't one.

Didn't look. Could always put in a self tapping drain off and leave it in if there isn't one.

yep you can or if external filling loop is fitted (and dcv is on the mains water) you can drain through that

Something I don't get.. When I put demand in the boiler with hot water, even though the pump wasn't running, the boiler fired up :/ about 10 seconds later it made a huge clunking sound and then the burner goes out - doesn't go to lockout. Put demand on for heating and boiler just remains idle.. Why would boiler fire up if pump ain't working?

Something I don't get.. When I put demand in the boiler with hot water, even though the pump wasn't running, the boiler fired up :/ about 10 seconds later it made a huge clunking sound and then the burner goes out - doesn't go to lockout. Put demand on for heating and boiler just remains idle.. Why would boiler fire up if pump ain't working?

will still fire but would over heat (the clanging noise) and then have to cool then would heat up will prob work on gravity a bit

will still fire but would over heat (the clanging noise) and then have to cool then would heat up will prob work on gravity a bit
That's what I thought until I started over thinking it all.. Cos now I'm thinking I'm sure the boiler shouldn't fire if the pump don't run

That's what I thought until I started over thinking it all.. Cos now I'm thinking I'm sure the boiler shouldn't fire if the pump don't run

does it have a flow switch (heating side) if not it will run

Changed pump head, boiler sorted. I give it 6 months before he calls me back to fit a new boiler. His one is riddled with previous leaks, corrosion, really bad system water.. I'm sure its about to die

Changed pump head, boiler sorted. I give it 6 months before he calls me back to fit a new boiler. His one is riddled with previous leaks, corrosion, really bad system water.. I'm sure its about to die

everything went ok ? how long did it take you, any problems?

everything went ok ? how long did it take you, any problems?
Went fine really. Had to drain down via the ext expansion vessel as boiler drainoffs were defective. The valves were seized solid so just changed the head, had to dismantle it and put a hammer to it slightly to remove the old one as it was virtually stuck to the backplate.. But once it was in, refilled system pressure, tested, it went bang, refired, released some air and then it stayed burning.. All in all I was there just over an hour and the pump only cost me £100 in the end so happy days :)

Went fine really. Had to drain down via the ext expansion vessel as boiler drainoffs were defective. The valves were seized solid so just changed the head, had to dismantle it and put a hammer to it slightly to remove the old one as it was virtually stuck to the backplate.. But once it was in, refilled system pressure, tested, it went bang, refired, released some air and then it stayed burning.. All in all I was there just over an hour and the pump only cost me £100 in the end so happy days :)

:) and if over 5 years dont touch external valves on boiler as they will leak :D and thats normal (good old tap and wiggle) and very happy days

:) and if over 5 years dont touch external valves on boiler as they will leak :D and thats normal (good old tap and wiggle) and very happy days
As usual, thanks for all your help Shaun ;) much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Pump Replacement Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock