Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester rsf hot water cutting off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aquafix 73

Hi.i was asked to take a look at my customer worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After approx 30secs of running hot water the boiler shuts down. With the hot tap still running( water gone cold) the boiler then fires up after about 5sec and continues to do this over and over again for the same time intervals. In central heating mode there are no problems. I Serviced the boiler to the manuals instructions and all ok. I took an uneducated guess and changed the hot water thermistor but this didn't solve it. Then i noticed the boiler stays lit when calling for hot water if the inner casing is off but soon as i tighten the last screw of the casing creating a seal the boiler shuts down. I suspect the fan but wouldn't want to be wrong again due to the cost. Any advice off some experienced gas engineers would be much appriciated

Reply to Worcester rsf hot water cutting off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock