Discuss Working directly for local authority in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mbear

I'm looking for points of view, pro's and con's etc for working(direct labour) for a local authority/council/housing association.

I currently do heating repairs and fit the odd boiler/system for the private company I work for. I've done work in council properties before through contracts with my mob(mostly repairs and all of their landlord checks).

My question is has any of u lot worked directly for a local council and if so what are your thoughts. I'm seriously considering jumping ship at some point in the not too distant future.

Whilst doing my portfolio we attended a property for annual safty and service.
Front door wide open,House stunk(the rats left weeks ago)
smack head led on setee,burnt foil all over table.
"Boiler in kitchen" he says so we ask wheres ur gas meter?
Its down the side of the washer under the dirty washer,just move it if u need to get to it.
Stomach turns!
Sorry pal need to order part for this (honest) we;ll come back when weve got em

see u later
in saying that u do meet some honest hard workin people most of the time,its just that u remember the ones that arnt!

don't worry about that, IMO If they've no experience of fixing heating their opinion doesn't count and I've been known to tell the
non tech gaffers of my previous employers exactly that. I've been doing this too long for a pen pusher to tell me how to fix heating. It's just not on

I had to report a firm to the "contracts manager" of the local council once.... the first thing i said to him was ..............." if i get no joy from you, i going to your boss" he took me serious after that......:D

do you work for yourself or are you working for a firm,

Work for a firm mate. As I was sayin a few posts back. My current salary is 5k less than the local auth. Although my salary is in line with most of repair engs, I think the local auth had to up the cash for the gas guys when the 4on 4off shift pattern came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working directly for local authority in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back